Multipule IF Statements

ignitebenhaigh

Hi, Please help.

I need a (IF or similar) formula that's capable of doing the following.

If "value" = or is > "tier 1 value" calculate the difference between "value" & "tier 1 value" and multiply by "tier 1 %" but if "value" = or is > "tier 2 value" override & calculate the difference between "value" & "tier 1 value" and multiply by "tier 2 %" but if "value" = or is > "tier 3 value" calculate the difference between "value" & "tier 1 value" and multiply by "tier 3 %" bit if "value" = or is > "tier 4 value" calculate the difference between "value" & "tier 1 value" and multiply by "tier 4 %".

Problem i'm having is that i've tried to use:

=IFERROR(IF(C16<$B$6,"0",IF(C16>=$B$6,(C16-$B$6)*$C$6+$D$6,IF(C16>=$B$7,(C16-$B$6)*$C$7+$D$6,IF(C16>=$B$8,(C16-$B$6)*$C$8+$D$6,IF(C16>=$B$9,(C16-$B$6)*$C$9+$D$6,""))))),0)

but it only ever calculates the difference at the tier 1 %

Hopefully someone out their has a solution. Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
Is this what you mean. You really have made it difficult by not describing where data is on your sheet. I'm guessing that the tier percentages are the sum of 2 numbers, but I don't have a crystal ball and have only guessed

=iferror(if(c16<$b$6,"0",if(c16>=$b$6,(c16-$b$6)* ($c$6+$d$6) ,if(c16>=$b$7,(c16-$b$6)* ($c$7+$d$6) ,if(c16>=$b$8,(c16-$b$6)* ($c$8+$d$6) ,if(c16>=$b$9,(c16-$b$6)* ($c$9+$d$6) ,""))))),0)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is this what you mean. You really have made it difficult by not describing where data is on your sheet. I'm guessing that the tier percentages are the sum of 2 numbers, but I don't have a crystal ball and have only guessed

=iferror(if(c16<$b$6,"0",if(c16>=$b$6,(c16-$b$6)* ($c$6+$d$6) ,if(c16>=$b$7,(c16-$b$6)* ($c$7+$d$6) ,if(c16>=$b$8,(c16-$b$6)* ($c$8+$d$6) ,if(c16>=$b$9,(c16-$b$6)* ($c$9+$d$6) ,""))))),0)

Sorry about that, ok so i'm trying to calculate different levels of bonuses

C16 is the value that they achieved for the month.

B6 (tier 1), B7 (tier 2), B8 (tier 3), B9 (tier 4) are the benchmarks and if achieved they correspond to a %.

So if they achieve tier 1 they get 5% of the difference between C16 & B6 (tier 1 total)

i hope that makes sense? let me know if not

Upvote 0
Is tier 4 bonus better than tier 1 bonus? If so the entire formula is in wrong sequence. You must calculate the highest sales/bonus first, then work down to the smallest

Upvote 0
yes tier 2 6%, tier 3 10%, tier 15%, so what i had originally will work as long as i start with the 15% and work down?

Upvote 0
Only you can say if a formula returns what you expect. Try it. If you get wrong results then come back with detail information of the values in the sheet, the expected result and the actual result. Then we can look at the formula and help

Upvote 0
Probably best using a table for the tiers like this and then referencing it.

Sheet1

ABC
1Amount addition
213000 150
5Tier 1100000.05
6Tier 2200000.06
7Tier 3300000.07
8Tier 4400000.08

<colgroup><col style="width: 30px; font-weight: bold;"><col style="width: 64px;"><col style="width: 64px;"><col style="width: 64px;"></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Spreadsheet Formulas
CellFormula
C2=SUM($A$2-$B$5)*VLOOKUP($A$2,B5:C8,2,1)

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel tables to the web >> Excel Jeanie HTML 4

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutchie_1

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back