Mutiple values return with data validation

mlowry54

Hi all:

I need some help here. First time poster.. I need help with my dropdown lists, returning multiple values attached to each entry. If I fill down my formulas it only returns one value; not the list attached. Please PM me if you know an easy fix. Thanks ! :confused:

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
Hi all:

I need some help here. First time poster.. I need help with my dropdown lists, returning multiple values attached to each entry. If I fill down my formulas it only returns one value; not the list attached. Please PM me if you know an easy fix. Thanks ! :confused:

Hi all:

Never mind, I figured it out myself by tinkering with the formula. =LOOKUP(Range_Name, Range_Name) works just great. Look forward to using this site ! :p

Upvote 0
Hi all:

Never mind, I figured it out myself by tinkering with the formula. =LOOKUP(Range_Name, Range_Name) works just great. Look forward to using this site ! :p

Hi again:

I am still having trouble after all; as the LOOKUP only returns the values in the order they are on the original database spreadsheet, not to the specific location I need them to return. Can someone please assist?

-Michael Lowry

Upvote 0
Hi.

I'm afraid it's not at all clear what you're trying to do. Perhaps you could post a very small dataset together with your expected results?

Regards

Upvote 0
Hi.

I'm afraid it's not at all clear what you're trying to do. Perhaps you could post a very small dataset together with your expected results?

Regards

Salesman1 Company1
Salesman1 Compnay2
Salesman2 Company3
Salesman2 Company4
Salesman3 Company5
Salesman4 Company6

I am setting up a data validation list so if I choose Salesman1 the Company1 and Company2 are listed in a specific location on another sheet.

Thanks,

Michael Lowry

Upvote 0
Ok, but what does a "specific location on another sheet" have to do with data validation? Can you give some actual cell references to help clarify?

Regards

Upvote 0
Hi.

Regards

Ok, but what does a "specific location on another sheet" have to do with data validation? Can you give some actual cell references to help clarify?

Regards

b0rwjw8zr

Notice the Lookup formula in column F is based on my the range NA I have with a list of his clients, when I do the same for column G for another range located below the data on another sheet. My goal is to have them populate in the top rows as opposed to where they are located on my database spreadsheet on sheet1.

Thanks,

Upvote 0
Hmmm. Perhaps it's just my browser, but I don't seem to be able to see anything. Do you?

Regards

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thietbibeboiwasaco

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back