My Editor's UI has changed; Tile... options do nothing

mikecox39

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I am used to seeing two windows on the left; one over the other. Then Tools up from the bottom and code on the right with all windows sizing in unison. That always felt like that was the default.

But somethings changed in my editor. When I opened the edited recently I noticed that the interface had changed, with windows fully docked, the Proj Exp appears at the top of the window and can only be sized horizontally. Tools come up from the bottom.

I thought all I needed to do was change the Tile option in Windows/tile command, but nothing happens when I toggle between Horz/Vert.

For now, I've Undocked the windows so I can put them where I want them, but they are completely independent. In the "default" resizing one changed the others changed in the opposite direction.

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
Window>Tiles is for code/userform windows.

If you want to the VBE to the default view open regedit and remove the Dock key from HKEY_USERS\. Default\Software\Microsoft\VBA\Office.

Upvote 0
As I understand it Windows/Tiles... simply forces the tiles in the editor to arrange themselves vertically or horizontally. But the only arrangement I get is horizontal. Nothing happens when I select Vertical.
If you want to the VBE to the default view open regedit and remove the Dock key from HKEY_USERS\. Default\Software\Microsoft\VBA\Office.
I really hate messing around in the register and always avoid going there if at all possible, is there no other way? I mean what could have happened that would require such invasive action? What could have caused the default UI to change and why can't it be reset to the default from within the program settings?

Upvote 0

I don't have a VBA folder in: HKEY_USERS\. Default\Software\Microsoft\
There is one In HKEY_CURRENT USERS\sOFTWARE\Microsoft\

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back