My Excel Spreadsheet VBA Crashes on opening

LoriMaine

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. MacOS
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I'm having issues with a form I created on my Mac (Catalina; IOS Version 10.15.7) using Excel (version 16.9 copyright 2021).

I keep a log of all capital assets for my company and it was working...once I had all my VBA in place and now when I open the file, it causes all of these errors and no matter what I do, I cannot save the file or even copy it into a new file and still have my VBA working. I have no idea what I've done wrong and have been trying to find ways to avoid using VBA, but for what I'm trying to do, that seems impossible.

Any ideas? Much appreciated.

Lori

1621969838569.png

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
I am not familiar with MAC OS. I've always used Windows.

Having said that, here is a resource where SOME of the suggested fixes MAY work for you :

10 ways to recover a corrupted Excel workbook

Another idea (may not work for Mac OS) :

1) press <SHIFT> -button down ( and keep it pressed )
2) click to open Your Excel-file
3) release Your <SHIFT> -button
4) modify Your code as You want

Upvote 0
So I just tried something to see if it made a difference. I opened and used the file on my husband's Windows machine and there were NO errors and NO problems. But every time I open the file on my Mac, it has a boatload of errors and won't save. I'm at a loss. Is Excel really that picky with Macs?

Upvote 0
Is Excel really that picky with Macs?
No ... I don't think so.

Did you create the workbook on your Mac or in a Windows environment ? If a Windows environment, there may be some parts of the workbook code that does
not agree with a Mac.

Otherwise, you'll just have to research your code to see what part / s cause the issue and rectify. Of course that will be a tough hurdle if it constantly crashes
your computer.

There have been a few instances, even in the Windows environment, where I've had to completely rebuild a workbook from scratch. That is a tough solution.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rohitsomani

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back