My First Add In. Having Issues

bdunk

I am playing around with Excel Add Ins. I created my first one and placed the .xla file in the Add Ins as instructed. I see the Add In in the Add Ins selection window when you go Tools - Add Ins. I have selected the check box next to my Add In to activate it. My question is how do I now execute my Add In. Do I have to make a custom toolbar button? I have tried this and cannnot get the Add In to fire.

Thanks

Bdunk

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
Add In troubles

My Add In is this:

Sub Delete_Part_Qty1()
With Columns(3)
.Replace what:="1", replacement:="", LookAt:=xlWhole
.SpecialCells(4).EntireRow.Delete
End With
End Sub

This will look in Column three for anything that has a 1 or nothing and delete the whole row.

What I want to do is send this macro/Add In to other users. The way I made my Add In was i created a new blank workbook, pasted my code into the VB editor for sheet 1 of the new blank workbook, saved it as an .xla file.

Did I do something wrong?

Thanks

Upvote 0
Add Ins

No, It is not displayed in the macro list. Is there a way to apply my Add In to my Personal.xls file. The macros I see are all for the Personal.xls file.

Bdunk

Upvote 0
Macros within an add-in file are not viewable in the Tools>Macro>Macros view. The most common way to run them is to have an option on either an existing toolbar or add a new one.

This should be done when the add-in is loaded (Workbook_Open or Auto_Open events) and should be deleted if the add-in is uninstalled.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlosWin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back