My workbook tabs have all disappeared !!!

GregDiel

Hi all,

Hoping someone can help me out here. All of the tabs for any worksheet I open have now disappeared. They aren't completely gone because I can navigate though a right click event but I cannot see them.

I have checked under Tools --> Options and verified that the box is checked to show tabs so it isn't that simple.

If you see below you may understand what I mean. The tab section is showing but it's like there is something blocking it. This happens with existing or new documents and with Template I download from the web. If I send files to anyone they work fine and all the tabs are visable to them. If they send back it's the same as before, so it isn't a file issue.

Has anyone ever seen this before and know how to fix it without running a repair on Excel or reinstalling it?

Screwed_Excel.jpg

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
Display the sheet who's tab you cannot see. Click on Format, then Sheet, and select "unhide"

Or,

Try sliding the tab split bar (bar beside the side to side scroll bar) and see if they reappear

Hope this helps

Upvote 0
I already tried all of those already and still no go.

The sheets aren't hidden persay, it's more like there is a huge blank tab covering all of them.

Upvote 0
Click the Maximize icon at the top of the screen. If that's not it, your Taskbar is probably too wide. Place your cursor over it until you see the arrow and drag it down.

Or maybe not :biggrin:

Mac

Upvote 0
someone describing a similar problem on another board managed to get his sheet tabs back by doing:

Window -> Arrange -> Tiled, and click 'windows of active workbook'

I know, in theory, it's unrelated.. but perhaps it acting as someing of a reset?

Upvote 0
Weird.

Looks like the sheet tabs are there but the horizontal scroll bar is covering them up in some way.

Can you drag it out of the way?

Can you select the different sheets by using Ctrl + Page Up/Down.

If so I'd maybe try selecting the all by holding Shift at the same time and then using the Move or Copy sheet and bung them into a new workbook.

Upvote 0
i can see that there is an add-in running.... disabling all custom addins and restarting the excel maysolve it...<crossed finger>

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlosWin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back