Name Box problems...

thelton

Probably simple, just couldn't find help on what I need. I have a sheet that I copied and it has NameBox references, I want to change 1 cell back to its cordinance...exp. NameBox = Total....I want it to be D4. And if you wouldn't mind telling me what the point of the NameBox is and where I can get more info on it.

Thanks

Trent

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
Hi Trent,

Go to Insert / Name / Define

Select the offending name and then select delete and away you go.

The naming facility is quite useful because referring to something such as 'Tax rate' is a lot more meaningful than C27.

HTH

Upvote 0
OOOPPPSSS, It worked alright.. What can I do about changing all the fomulas in the sheet to refer to D4 instead of Total? There are alot of them - Like a couple hundred.

Thanks again Richie

Trent

Upvote 0
On the "Insert-Name" toolbar menu just delete the name and it will default back to its row-column name.

You have range names so you can refer to blocks of data or fields by a name that makes working with the data easier to remember. In a sheet formula the range-name is more a memory tool, but in code (macros) ranges are not updated for additions to or from the indicated range like sheet formulas are updated. If you use a range-name in your code, then as you update the range on your worksheet by adding or deleting cells, your code no longer using hard coded ranges, does not need to be edited for the new range, as your range-name is automatically updated with sheet range changes. Thats it in a nut shell. JSW

_________________<INPUT type="JSW" value=" Excel On... Coder's!" ID=Text1><spanstyle='font-size:36.0pt;color:#FFCC00'>JSW<o:p></o:p></span>[/b]</p><spanstyle='font-size:36.0pt;color:#FFCC00'>Try and try again, " The way of the coder!"<o:p></o:p></span>[/b]
This message was edited by Joe Was on 2002-10-04 12:27

Upvote 0
As a side note,if you name a cell that is already used in formulas, you can update your formulas by choosing Insert>Name>Apply

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back