Name Manager Question

gator2

I'm trying to combine a number of seating charts (scattered across different workbooks) into one worksheet. My compilation worksheet is set up with times running down column B (9am - 7:00pm in 30 min increments), and each section/row/seat running across row 4. I'm trying to pull the cell color that corresponds to the seat in the seating chart over the course of the day.

Each 30 minute block is housed in its own workbook, and each section is housed in its own worksheet. Each section is laid out like this:

Seat 9Seat 8Seat 7Seat 6Seat 5Seat 4Seat 3Seat 2Seat 1
Row AYellowBlueYellowYellowYellowYellowYellowYellowYellow
Row BYellowBlueBlueYellowYellowBlueBlue
Row CBlueYellowBlueBlueBlueYellow

As you can see, each row is of varying length. I've figured out how to pull the cell color, using the Get.Cell function in Name Manager to pull the color codes. However, because the rows in the seating chart are offset, I'm having to create a new name range for every row.

By my count I'd need to create roughly 10,000 names in Name Manager using this method to compile all the information, one name for each row and unique time block. I'm not sure Excel can handle that, but even if it can, I don't think I can. I've tried to create a name in Name Manager for row A, then use the OFFSET function in combination with Name Manager, but it's not working. My current formula looks like =OFFSET(Get_Color_100_AA_0900,1,1,1,24).

Hopefully this makes sense. Does anyone have any suggestions, or is there a more efficient way to go about this problem? Thanks for your assistance.

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
I do not understand the question...
can you post a few screenshots of your worksheets where you have the data, and screenshots of what the end result should look like?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back