named ranges change after adding or deleting other named ranges

littlepete

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
hello all :)
i have an address list that contains all known to me people. to add their parents, i added a named range to every person that is parent of someone in my list.

but:
when i delete a row, or add one, or add a new named range, constantly (really) find other named ranges that have changed and gone wrong !
i can see that when i scroll through my list and see persons who's parents are totally wrong. i check in formula-named ranges in the list and there i can see
that that range has disappeared, or has shifted a row down or up, or sometimes to a totally different person...

i have been doing this now for four days, and of course, this way i will continue forever...

the way i add a named range is going to the person who is a parent, and at the top left where i can see the cel name (forex. "N37") i fill in the named range of that person.
the way i choose the named range is always the same: vn (first name in dutch:voornaam) + three first consonants first name + three first consonants last name...
the link in the named ranges list is always like this : " data!$N$159 "

what is it I don't see?
thank you for helping !!!
peter, belgium

Problem Solved = "het warm water heruitvinden"
See #22 almost a week ago and in #24, I said replace C:D by AX:AY.
My macro is easier to call, it's an event-macro on DoubleClick.

VBA Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean)
     If Intersect(Target, Range("C:D")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub     'doubleclick in column C or D, if not = stop
     Set c = Me.Columns("B").Find(what:=Target.Value, lookat:=xlWhole)          'zoek overeenkomstige cel in B-kolom
     If Not c Is Nothing Then                                   'gevonden ?
          Application.Goto c, 0                                 'ga er naar toe
     Else                                                       'niet gevonden
          MsgBox "foutje bedankt", vbCritical                   'boodschap
     End If
End Sub
warm water ? hoezo ? hoe doe je DAT ??? hihi...
ik heb dat geprobeerd maar: deze was niet compatibel met mijn event op de activecell in een gele border te steken...
bedankt voor de hulp ;) !!!

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
If you can go to Mars, you can make it compatible, no excuse.
But, it's your call.

Upvote 0
@BSALV @littlepete
Please post in English only in this forum per the forum summary:
1642850579937.png

Upvote 0
"het warm water heruitvinden" is a flemish quote, literally translated "re-inventing hot water" but meaning "presenting something as a new fact, but that exists already centuries".

It was a minor part of my post and the rest was in english and explaining that quote.
I didn't know the right english expression.
So, sorry, I keep that rule in mind.

Upvote 0
Glad to hear you got the solution.

If you would like to post the solution then it is perfectly fine to mark your post as the solution to help future readers. Otherwise, please do not mark a post that doesn't contain a solution.

Upvote 0
Glad to hear you got the solution.

If you would like to post the solution then it is perfectly fine to mark your post as the solution to help future readers. Otherwise, please do not mark a post that doesn't contain a solution.
ok ;) i wish there was a possibility to delete my own posts when they are not important anymore... thx ;) !

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back