Named ranges move out with worksheet

kualjo

Board Regular
I have a worksheet with a report on it that populates based on information in other worksheets. When it's ready I do a Move/Copy to a new workbook and check Create a copy. Once the new file is created, I select the entire worksheet, copy, and paste values to be rid of all the formulas, which are no longer needed. For some reason, though, about 30 named ranges from the source file come along for the ride. The source file actually has around 100 named ranges, so it's strange that they don't all come over. I noticed that some of them are related to the fields that I hard coded, but others are not. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to what it's doing. I don't need the old formulas anymore, and I don't need the named ranges scoped to the source workbook either. How can I move a worksheet to a new book and leave all the named ranges behind?

BTW, I can't change the scope of any of the ranges to the Worksheet level because they are used on other worksheets in the source file. I have to leave them at the Workbook level.

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
A couple of ways I can think of.

1. After you move/copy your sheets to a new workbook, use vba to iterate through the workbook and worksheet level names in the new workbook and delete them.
2. Don't copy/move existing worksheets to a new workbook. Instead, use vba to create a new workbook and then copy/paste the values and/or formats.

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back