Navigating to Website and entering Form Information

blair469

I have read a few other forums on this, but can't seem to find an answer that is effective. I am running Excel 2007 with XP/IE8 and want to do the following.

- Go to a form in IE
- Pull information from one record in excel and populate the form with that information.
- Then move to the next record and enter the same information after submitting the first set of data.

I am able to get to the web page (which I know is the easy part), but I am struggling with how to get the data to be taken from Excel to the Web form. I have the code for the form and only need to enter 5 pieces of information one of which is a dropdown.

So I want to enter a "Short Name", "Task Completed (this is the dropdown)", "Key Indicator", "Date", and "quantity". The press a "task complete" button and move to the next entry.

The form is an internal form so unfortunately the link will not get anyone there. Here is the code with the fields I need to enter information into if it will help.

</select><input name="ServerName" type="text" id="ServerName" tabindex="3" class="input" style="Z-INDEX: 102; LEFT: 136px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 160px" /><input name="ActivityVolume" type="text" value="1" id="ActivityVolume" tabindex="6" class="input" style="Z-INDEX: 110; LEFT: 136px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 296px" /><input name="Comments" type="text" id="Comments" tabindex="4" style="height:40px;width:288px;Z-INDEX: 118; LEFT: 136px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 208px" /><input type="submit" name="TaskComplete" value="Task Complete" *******="if (typeof(Page_ClientValidate) == 'function') Page_ClientValidate(); " language="javascript" id="TaskComplete" tabindex="7" class="button" style="Z-INDEX: 108; LEFT: 176px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 336px" /><input type="submit" name="Reset" value="Clear Form" id="Reset" tabindex="8" class="button" style="Z-INDEX: 114; LEFT: 64px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 336px" /><span id="Label1" tabindex="25" style="Z-INDEX: 104; LEFT: 40px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 104px"> Short Name</span><span id="Label2" tabindex="25" style="Z-INDEX: 105; LEFT: 40px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 160px">Key Indicator</span><span id="Label3" tabindex="25" style="Z-INDEX: 106; LEFT: 16px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 128px">Task Completed</span><span id="Label4" tabindex="25" class="title" style="Z-INDEX: 107; LEFT: 48px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 48px">Record Task Completion</span><span id="Label5" style="Z-INDEX: 111; LEFT: 72px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 296px">Quantity</span><span id="Status" style="height:40px;width:288px;Z-INDEX: 113; LEFT: 40px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 368px"></span><span id="RequiredServerNameValidator" tabindex="25" controltovalidate="ServerName" errormessage="Key Indicator is a required field" evaluationfunction="RequiredFieldValidatorEvaluateIsValid" initialvalue="" style="color:Red;Z-INDEX:109;LEFT:304px;POSITION:absolute;TOP:160px;visibility:hidden;">Key Indicator is a required field</span><span id="RegularExpressionValidator2" controltovalidate="ActivityVolume" errormessage="Volume must be a number" evaluationfunction="RegularExpressionValidatorEvaluateIsValid" validationexpression="[0-9]*" style="color:Red;Z-INDEX:112;LEFT:320px;POSITION:absolute;TOP:296px;visibility:hidden;">Volume must be a number</span><span id="RequiredFieldValidator1" tabindex="20" controltovalidate="Email" errormessage="Short Name is a required field" evaluationfunction="RequiredFieldValidatorEvaluateIsValid" initialvalue="" style="color:Red;Z-INDEX:115;LEFT:296px;POSITION:absolute;TOP:96px;visibility:hidden;">Short Name is a required field</span><span id="RequiredFieldValidator2" tabindex="25" controltovalidate="ActivityVolume" errormessage="Quantity is a required field" evaluationfunction="RequiredFieldValidatorEvaluateIsValid" initialvalue="" style="color:Red;Z-INDEX:116;LEFT:328px;POSITION:absolute;TOP:296px;visibility:hidden;">Quantity is a required field</span><span id="Label6" tabindex="25" style="width:64px;Z-INDEX: 117; LEFT: 56px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 208px">Comments</span><span id="Label9" tabindex="25" style="Z-INDEX: 123; LEFT: 136px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 184px"><b> ex.</b> Policy Number</span><span id="Label10" style="Z-INDEX: 125; LEFT: 40px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 432px">Today's Activities</span><a id="WhereTasks" tabindex="25" href="javascript:{if (typeof(Page_ClientValidate) != 'function' || Page_ClientValidate()) __doPostBack('WhereTasks','')} " style="Z-INDEX: 126; LEFT: 712px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 128px">?</a>

What additional information is needed to get help with this? Sorry it's so lengthy. Any help is appreciated.

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
You have the code to put the text from a cell to the specific box yet ?
You need to isolate the ID it self to get this done.

here is an example

ieNew.Document.GetElementById("SpecificID").Value = Sheets("Sheet1").Cell(1,1)

the code you have is just a mess I cannot tell what is what maybe put it in tags

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back