Navigation

kkbbcc

I have created a number of forms in Excel. What I need is a way to program navigation from one cell to the next by tabbing. The default of moving one cell to the right is insufficient. I want to be able to determine which cell that will be focused upon next. What I am seeking, I guess, is a "goto" formula.

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
What are the cell addresses (in order) you'd like the progression to be?

Upvote 0
Don't know what VBA forms have to do with XL navigation...

A simple way to jump through a series of predetermined cells: Unlock the cells that you want to navigate to. Then, protect the worksheet.

I have created a number of forms in Excel. What I need is a way to program navigation from one cell to the next by tabbing. The default of moving one cell to the right is insufficient. I want to be able to determine which cell that will be focused upon next. What I am seeking, I guess, is a "goto" formula.

Upvote 0
Don't know what VBA forms have to do with XL navigation...

:) Not all forms are VBA forms, Tushar. My guess is that the OP just meant form letters or templates of that nature.

Upvote 0
If you are talking about the order objects in a Userform are selected using the Tab key, then...
In the VBA editor, select your userform, click "View" | "Tab Order".
The dialog box that pops up allows you to choose the order items are selected when you hit the Tab key.

Upvote 0
Thank you for your replies. I think I would have to send you a copy of one of the forms so that you could "tab" through and see how the order of cell focus often does not make sense.

Please let me know if that would help you to better see my problem.

Upvote 0
Thank you for your replies. I think I would have to send you a copy of one of the forms so that you could "tab" through and see how the order of cell focus often does not make sense.

Please let me know if that would help you to better see my problem. If so, please let me know how to e-mail the form to you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back