Dhinakaran

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2021
  3. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All,

Request for assistance on the IF/NESTED if function on the below table. Regret as I'm not sure if NESTEDIF would be a valid formula on below case.
- In the below table, I have certain products with header Grade (Column A) and its selling price and purchase price in corresponding columns (B&C).
- Under the status column, Whenever any Grade is sold for a higher price than its purchase price the status column should be highlighted with High and Low text.
- Did try the IF function while we can only apply it in the cell which has values only and not text.

For instance, lets take A+ grade who purchase price is 700 while it is sold for 500 and would want the status column to be reflected as High.
Book5
ABCD
1GradePurchase PriceSell PriceStatus
2A+700500
3A800400
4B+600300
5B400200
6C200100
7Others15050
Sheet1

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
Maybe
Excel Formula:
=IF(B2>C2,"High","Low")

Upvote 0
Maybe
Excel Formula:
=IF(B2>C2,"High","Low")
Thank Fluff, But this would be based on values in B2&C2. I would expect B2&C2 to be compared on Grade and then provide the result.

Upvote 0
In what way? you only have one of each grade.
Just to clarify, I would needs the result as High or Low in status column basis comparing the grade in column A.
For instance, I would compare Grade A against its Purchase price and Selling price and update the status column. Basically an assumed formula as below.
- IF(A+>=700,"High","Low").

Con: While with the regular IF formula it can populate the result only by comparing the values as shared by you earlier i.e, =IF(B2>C2,"High","Low").

TIA.

Upvote 0
Do you have a list of what the grades mean in terms of their price?

Upvote 0
Do you have a list of what the grades mean in terms of their price?
You may consider the purchase price against the grade. So, Lets say if a sale happens for Grade A+ whose purchase price is 700 while the selling price is 500 or higher. In the status column, I would want to consider the sold grade's purchase price and sold price and populate the result as Profit or Loss.

Upvote 0
I'm sorry but you are making no sense to me.
Each of your Grades only occurs once in your data & they would all be High as the purchase price is greater than the sale price.

Upvote 0
I'm sorry but you are making no sense to me.
Each of your Grades only occurs once in your data & they would all be High as the purchase price is greater than the sale price.
So, would there be any solution in case if the grades are repeated as below.
A+
A
B+
B
C
Others
B+
A

Upvote 0
If I understood what you were trying to do, then very probably.
You need to explain exactly what you are trying to do, along with some examples.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiz11713

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back