Need Excel macro that will look at text in specific field and copy to a corresponding sheet based on the text found

stressler

Board Regular
I am looking for a macro that will read column D on my "Data Sheet" tab and depending on the text found copy and paste the entire row to the corresponding sheet in the workbook. As and example, if the phrase Not Covered is found in column D on Data Sheet, copy the entire row to the worksheet called "Not Covered". I'll need this to repeat for all rows on "Data Sheet" so I could end up with many rows of copied data on the "Not Covered" worksheet. I'll have the following phrases in column D on "Data Sheet" and corresponding worksheets, Not Covered, No Run, Not Completed, Blocked and Failed. I'll need "Data Sheet" reviewed for all of these phrases and the entire row copied and pasted into the corresponding worksheet with same name for all rows of data on "Data Sheet". Then I have two more specific requests for two additional tabs. Not Testable and Passed. Not Testable criteria is that in the text to be found in column D on data sheet is "N/A" and column E on "Data Sheet" is not empty. Then for Passed worksheet, the criteria is that column D on data sheet has the word Passed in it or has N/A in column D of data sheet and column E of data sheet is empty. So the last two phrases where I want to copy the full row from Data Sheet to the corresponding worksheet (Not Testable and Passed) have multiple criteria to be searched. Any help would be appreciated. I can create a macro on each individual sheet and run it so that it pulls from the Data Sheet and pastes into each individual worksheet, but that's a lot of clicking of the Run Macro button unnecessarily. I need a macro that will complete all searches in one run of the macro from the "Data Sheet" tab.

Just a slightly more efficient version of the previous code (still untested) and still assumes that you have headers on all columns between A & E on Data Sheet
VBA Code:
Sub stressler2()
    Dim arr, i As Long
    arr = Array("Not Covered", "No Run", "Not Completed", "Blocked", "Failed")
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False

With Sheets("Data Sheet").Range("A1:E" & Sheets("Data Sheet").Columns("A:E").Find("*", , xlValues, , xlByRows, xlPrevious).Row)

For i = LBound(arr) To UBound(arr)
            .AutoFilter Field:=4, Criteria1:=arr(i)
            On Error Resume Next
            .Offset(1).Resize(.Rows.Count - 1).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).EntireRow.Copy _
            Sheets(arr(i)).Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)
            On Error GoTo 0
            Sheets("Data Sheet").ShowAllData
        Next

.AutoFilter 4, "#N/A"
        .AutoFilter 5, "<>"
        On Error Resume Next
        .Offset(1).Resize(.Rows.Count - 1).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).EntireRow.Copy _
        Sheets("Not Testable").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)
        On Error GoTo 0

.AutoFilter 4, "#N/A"
        .AutoFilter 5, "="
        On Error Resume Next
        Sheets("Passed").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)
        On Error GoTo 0

.AutoFilter 4, "Passed"
        On Error Resume Next
        Sheets("Passed").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)
        On Error GoTo 0
        .AutoFilter

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End With

End Sub

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
Now that Mark is back. I will move on to another posting. I'm sure Mark will fill all your needs.

Upvote 0
Thank you so much Mark858! I used your first macro and it's working beautifully, I had to remove the # before N/A, but it works great. I'm going to switch to your more efficient one tomorrow though to see if it's working even faster or if it's working exactly the same, I'll use the more efficient one as a go forward. Thank you very much for your help on this. And thank you My Answer Is This as well for the start, it was really nice to see it all coming together and working just as I need!!

Upvote 0
Thank you so much Mark858! I used your first macro and it's working beautifully, I had to remove the # before N/A, but it works great. I'm going to switch to your more efficient one tomorrow though to see if it's working even faster or if it's working exactly the same, I'll use the more efficient one as a go forward. Thank you very much for your help on this. And thank you My Answer Is This as well for the start, it was really nice to see it all coming together and working just as I need!!

Glad we were able to help you.

Come back here to Mr. Excel next time you need additional assistance.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyanscott

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back