Need formula for populating info to corresponding columns in separate sheet

kAR87

I'm not even sure where to begin with this but here is what I was asked to do:

"When a date is entered in column F and the "Execution/Monitoring in Construction" is selected from the drop down list in column D,
the Column information for that row is populated to the corresponding column headings in the "CMI_PMT_Project In Progress" tab:
Customer Name, Project #, Project Name, Project Lifecycle Phase, Contract Award / NTP Date, Substantial Completion Date, Project Revenue, Date Last Updated/Reviewed."

I've been researching and all that I've been able to find is info on VLOOKUP and array formulas. If either of these are correct I don't know how to apply them to my situation. I can provide additional information if needed!

Thank you!

<colgroup><col span="2"><col><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
It is always easier to help and test possible solutions if we could work with your actual file. Perhaps you could upload a copy of your file to a free site such as www.box.com. or www.dropbox.com. Once you do that, mark it for 'Sharing' and you will be given a link to the file that you can post here. Include a detailed explanation of what you would like to do referring to specific cells and worksheets. If the workbook contains confidential information, you could replace it with generic data.

Upvote 0
Copy and paste this macro into the worksheet code module. Do the following: right click the tab for your sheet "PLRAM Tool" and click 'View Code'. Paste the macro into the empty code window that opens up. Close the code window to return to your sheet. First enter your data in all columns except column F then enter the date in column F and exit the cell. The date in column F must always be the last piece of data that is entered in each row because this entry triggers the macro.
Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
    If Intersect(Target, Range("F:F")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    If Target.Offset(0, -2) = "Execution/Monitoring - In Construction" Then
        Range("A" & Target.Row & ":D" & Target.Row).Copy Sheets("CMI_PMT_Project In Progress").Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)
        Sheets("CMI_PMT_Project In Progress").Cells(Rows.Count, "N").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0) = Target
        Sheets("CMI_PMT_Project In Progress").Cells(Rows.Count, "P").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0) = Target.Offset(0, 2)
        Sheets("CMI_PMT_Project In Progress").Cells(Rows.Count, "R").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0) = Target.Offset(0, 3)
        Sheets("CMI_PMT_Project In Progress").Cells(Rows.Count, "F").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0) = Target.Offset(0, 5)
    End If
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for the info! When I right click on the PLRAM Tool there is no "View Code" option?

Upvote 0
Are you right clicking the "PLRAM Tool" tab at the bottom of the spreadsheet?

Upvote 0
Yep, these are the options that show when I right click on "PLRAM Tool"

Insert Sheet
Delete
Rename
Move or Copy
Select all Sheets
Protect Sheets
Tab Color
Unhide
Hide

Upvote 0
That is very strange. Let's try another approach. Do the following: Hold down the ALT key and press the F11 key. This will open the Visual Basic Editor. In the left hand pane, below Microsoft Excel Objects, double click the "PLRAM Tool" sheet name. By the way, what version of Excel are you using?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennimack

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back