Need Formula Help Please!!

BbAaSsSs

Hello I am New to this forum. I need some help with a forumla for a worksheet. I am trying to use a formula like this =IF(B5>0,(B5+B6+B7),0). My problem is I want it to Add B5,B6 and B7 if B5>0 or B6>0 or B7>0. Is there a Nested IF I can use? The thing is B5 wont always be >0 or B6 wont always be >0 and same with B7 it wont always be >0 but one of the three will always be >0. I dont know if I am saying this right so if you have any questions just let me know. I would really appreciate your help!!

Thanks,

Bass

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
Yeah It will just wondering if there was a =IF statement that would work as well. I kind of need the =IF for something else to. I have B5 and B6 only one or the other will have something in it if B5>0 then it needs to be subtracted from B7 but if B6>0 then it needs to be added to B7 if both are blank then I need a - in B7. Does this make sense? Its for my Checkbook. B5 is Debits and B6 is Creditsand B7 is my balance. Anyhelp would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Bass

Upvote 0
if only one cell either B5 or B6 will have an entry then try this

=if(b5>0,B7-B5,if(b6>0,B7+B6,"-"))

if this isnt what you want i need a little more of an explanation

Upvote 0
just been testing the formula, im guessing you are using the formula to get the balance, if so the "-" in my formula will generate errors

i changed it to

=IF(B5>0,B7-B5,IF(B6>0,B7+B6,B7))

this formula check whether to add or subtract the value and will give a running total, i.e balance, paste this formula into C7, if i understand correctly you will be going across columns for new entries,

Upvote 0
Hey the first one with the "-" worked just fine no erros here. Thats exactly what I wanted thanks a lot!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melvetica

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back