Need formula/macro to detect blank cells vs color formatting or otherwise

BB38

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
My analysis needs to create a formula that looks a group of cells and returns a result:

I would like to do this with no macros, but will deal with them if I have to if I can get this done right.

There are 12 columns and 5 rows, cells C8:12-P8:12

I need to generate a response whenever the 5 columns line up vertically with no interruption from a color. (in this case, it's some type of grey, unsure what it is).

The response I want the formula to generate should be the titles of any column (in this case cells C7:P7). The idea being that anywhere there isn't a vertical column I'm can immediately see what columns are responsible for that as a result of uninterrupted lack of color or numbers in the cell (so both color and number or really anything other than a blank cell)

To summarize:

If in my vertical columns of 5 cells there is no color in an uninterrupted pattern, then the formula returns me the title of any of the vertical columns where that is the case. but the formula needs to examine the entire matrix and return me data. (or None if no uninterrupted columns).

let me know if I can elaborate further.

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hanakoro

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back