Need formula to add new invoice to stored one

Mark_N_Jen

I sell on consignment on multiple auction sites. In my workbook, I have a sheet for each client for whom I sell with each months individual fees. Once a month, I download an invoice detailing new listing fees, gallery fees, final value fees, etc for each item I have listed. I convert it to an excel file. How can I add each individual rows' information to the proper client's sheet without having to do it manually?

The new invoice and the workbook sheets both have the item title in common. Is there a formula to get the invoice to "recognize" the same item title in my workbook and automatically link to the correct sheet?

Thanks much to whomever my knight in shining armor ends up being!

Jennifer

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
[HtmlMaker light Ver1.11]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Microsoft Excel - Nov Sample.xls ___Running: 11.0 : OS = Windows XP

File Edit View Insert Options Tools Data Window Help About

A4 =

A B C D E
1 11/07/05 TR Bentley 2 Piece Shorts Set Medium Like New Dressy! 5415744407 Gallery Fee $0.01
2 11/08/05 Peter Rabbit Board book by Potter Beatrix New! 8013611079 Gallery Fee
3 11/15/05 Set of 2 Hummel Price Guides Robert Miller 1 Signed! 4588588531 Final Value Fee $1.05
4 Final price: $20.00 (Auction)
5 Monthly and One-Time Fees
6 Date Fee Type Amount
7 (PST/PDT) (USD)
8 11/16/05 Selling Manager: Subscription Fee $4.99
9 (Nov 16 - Dec 15)
10 11/16/05 Store (Basic): Subscription Fee $15.95
11 (Nov 16 - Dec 15)
12 11/16/05 Sales Reports Plus: Subscription Fee $4.99
13 (Nov 16 - Dec 15)
14 Discounts
15 Date Type Amount
16 (PST/PDT) (USD)
17 11/16/05 Sales Reports Plus: Subscription Fee Credit
Sheet1

Also, when I convert my import from text to table, I end up with two blank rows between each entry. Could you provide me with a formula to eliminate these?

Once the imported invoice is formatted correctly, I use the last empty column to put the person's name to whom the charge belongs. I then sort it according to owner and paste it to the corresponding sheet in my workbook.

I hope this all makes some semblance of sense!

[HtmlMaker light Ver1.11] To see the formula in the cells just click on the cells hyperlink or click the Name box
PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE THIS TABLE IMAGE ON SAME PAGE! OTHEWISE, ERROR OF JavaScript OCCUR.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This free code was written by Colo and Ivan F Moala:[HtmlMaker light Ver1.11] - 12th Dec 2002
Code mods by Ivan F Moala - 12th Dec 2002

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back