Need formulas for repeated values in an expenditure worksheet and setting up categories.

Matthew Sid

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
I'm setting up my own expenditure sheet for my restaurant and want to achieve the following.

1. Because some items are repeated every day, for example "Milk $2" I don't want to type this every time I buy milk, but instead have a cumulative total where I just click something like "Plus 1" every time I buy milk.

2. I also want to assign a category to each purchase, so for example milk and butter are both classified as dairy and how much has been spent in each category.

3. Finally some items are for both personal and business use, so I would like a way to assign a percentage for some purchases as personal expenditure. For example 10% of milk @$2 so $1.80 would be listed on the business worksheet and $0.20 on a personal sheet.

Sorry if these are very basic questions. I did search Google, but got nowhere. Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
I'm setting up my own expenditure sheet for my restaurant and want to achieve the following.

1. Because some items are repeated every day, for example "Milk $2" I don't want to type this every time I buy milk, but instead have a cumulative total where I just click something like "Plus 1" every time I buy milk.

2. I also want to assign a category to each purchase, so for example milk and butter are both classified as dairy and how much has been spent in each category.

3. Finally some items are for both personal and business use, so I would like a way to assign a percentage for some purchases as personal expenditure. For example 10% of milk @$2 so $1.80 would be listed on the business worksheet and $0.20 on a personal sheet.

Sorry if these are very basic questions. I did search Google, but got nowhere. Thanks in advance.
For Point No. 1 you need VBA code, some expert shall help you with that

For Point No. 2 you can set up a category list separately and use LookUp Function to assign that Category. This way you can later check your budget as per items or category or both.

For Point No. 3 a simple multiplication formula can be populated to assign whatever split you want to give to the expenses made.

Best way is start some ground work - get stuck, post sample data using XL2BB and ask exactly where you are stuck.

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back