Need Forumlas for extracting from multiple columns/rows

icanspeakwhale

I am working on a project for my class. I uploaded the workbook on mediafire and took screencaps if you don't want to download it.
Uploaded on mediafire

The sheet I am editing is 'SalesData'. Right now, I am having problems with column P and column U.

For column P, I need to extract data from 'MerchandiseData'. I need a formula that will look at L18 and N18 and extract the price from the 'MerchandiseData.'
I'm really not sure the best way to extract this. I assume it must either be either VLOOKUP/HLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH. I've tried a couple different formulas on my own and none of them work.

For column U, I need to extract the Street Address from 'Customers'. I was able to use a VLOOKUP to get the Store Name for column T (I used =VLOOKUP(C18,Customers!$A$9:$B$62,2,FALSE) ) but I'm not sure how to extract *only* the street address.

Hopefully I'm making myself clear. I've been working on this project for several days now and I'm getting extremely frustrated.
Any help or tips would be much appreciated!

I cross-posted this to ExcelForum.com as well

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
For column P, I need to extract data from 'MerchandiseData'. I need a formula that will look at L18 and N18 and extract the price from the 'MerchandiseData.' ...

P18:
Rich (BB code):
=LOOKUP(9.99999999999999E+307,
  SEARCH(MerchandiseData!$A$51:$A$58,L18),
  INDEX(MerchandiseData!$B$51:$D$57,0,
   MATCH(N18,MerchandiseData!$B$50:$D$50,0)))

Last edited:
Upvote 0
For column U, I need to extract the Street Address from 'Customers'. I was able to use a VLOOKUP to get the Store Name for column T (I used =VLOOKUP(C18,Customers!$A$9:$B$62,2,FALSE) ) but I'm not sure how to extract *only* the street address...

U18:
Rich (BB code):
=INDEX(Customers!$B$9:$B$62,MATCH(C18,Customers!$A$9:$A$62,0)+1)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back