Need Function

zahidrock

I have two sheet in one excel file, column A, B, C available on sheet 1 and G, H available on sheet two, i want to get sum on sheet 2 price section, but on sheet1 A column have multiple name of one, so that i need to use it for Vlookup formula, but with Vlookup formula not give me sum price on sheet2.

i can also do it with SUMIF function but i also need one thing that when i put OUT on Sheet1 C column on that time i need to automatically remove that price on sheet2 on H Column.
95zj95.jpg

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
Try this in H2 and copy down.

Code:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet1!$A$2:$A$25=$G3),Sheet1!$B$2:$B$25,--(Sheet1!$C$2:$C$25<>"out"))

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Try this in H2 and copy down.

Code:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet1!$A$2:$A$25=$G3),Sheet1!$B$2:$B$25,--(Sheet1!$C$2:$C$25<>"out"))

Thanks bro, you provide that function what i want.. thanks again, if you can please explain about this function :)

Upvote 0
Thanks bro, you provide that function what i want.. thanks again, if you can please explain about this function :)

Sumproduct multiplies the array of numbers inside of it together and then adds them all up.

If the first array of numbers equals 123 and the second equals 456, you get 1*4 + 2*5 +3*6 and the answer is 32.

The first part looks at the range A2 to A25 and anything that equals G3 gets a true and everything that doesn't gets a false. The -- turns the trues and falses into 1's for the trues and 0's for the falses.

The middle part grabs all the dollar amounts from B2 to B25.

The last part is similar to the first part it takes everything that doesn't have the word out and turns it into trues and everything that does is a false they then get converted to 1's and 0's.

Then all the ones and zeros are multiplied. Remember 0 times anything always equals zeros. So for the cells that meet the first criteria you get a 1 times the dollar amount times a 1 if it doesn't say out and then they are all added together.

It's very similar to the way you as a person would look at the problem. Does this equal the criteria, yes, is the word out next to it no, okay so I'll use this number and you would just do that for all the numbers and add them up. Pretty much the same thing here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back