Need help calculating won, loss records

bgry66

I have an NFL picks spreadsheet up and running for 13 people, everything works but was wondering if there is a way to calculate wins, losses, ties over multiple sheets ( 1 sheet per week, 17 week season ). Games played in week 1 would need to transfer wins, losses, ties to the following week (sheet 2 ) and so on. Not sure if it's possible the way mine is set up. Try my best to explain the setup..

A3 team1 B3 (wins column) C3 (loss column) D3 (ties column) E3 team1's score .............. F3,4 ( rows 3 & 4 are merged ) = winning team

A4 team2 B4 " " C4 " " D4 " " E4 team2's score

This is the only calculation I have left that isn't setup with a formula yet. All I do is enter teams scores and it figures each persons weekly and yearly wins, losses, weekly & yearly win %, a running total of wins, losses as a group & even each persons ranking.
Appreciate any help, These columns are consistent thru all 17 weeks. And example above runs from row 3 down thru row 34 for all 32 teams.

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
How is your summary sheet set up? If you have columns named the same as your sheet names (Week 1 etc) then its fairly simple to reference each sheet with one INDIRECT formula.

Upvote 0
ROWS
ABCDEFGH
1,2TEAMSWLTSCOREWINNERPICKW/L
3GB87116SEASEA
W
4SEA13336

<tbody>
</tbody>
How is your summary sheet set up? If you have columns named the same as your sheet names (Week 1 etc) then its fairly simple to reference each sheet with one INDIRECT formula.

This is how the columns & rows are setup except columns F, G, H rows 3 & 4 are merged to make them each 1 larger cell (same with row 1 & 2 ) Week 1 also has last years records for each team, and should begin this years record in week 2.
Thanks, hope this helps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So you want a running total on next weeks sheet? That would be possible if sheet names compared with week numbers and the week number was present in each sheet. I think you would be better to have a summary table of results (ie Team WeekNumber Result (W,L,T)) to collate this then lookup off that each week.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply, I'm not an Excel expert but thought I'd check into this. Maybe it would be easier for me to just manually enter W,L,T each week. As of now all I do is enter the scores and it calculates everything else for me already, except the W,L,T cells & week 1 worked perfectly.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennimack

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back