Need help charting psyche profile

studio34

Trying to chart lines that cross each other vertically vs. horizontally for psyche profile. The point at which they cross will categorize both their assertiveness (x axis) and responsiveness (y axis). Been working on it for a week and can only get both lines parallel to each other - any suggestions?

Thanks!

studio34

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
Hi - welcome to the board!

There a no doubt a number of ways to do this - post back with an example of the data you're trying to plot & an indication of the expected outcome.

Paddy

Upvote 0
Thanks for responding!

It's basically a list of 20 question that the user enters a factor of 1 through 5. Various questions are added up to generate an assertiveness factor and a responsiveness factor. For example - Assertiveness = 38, Responsiveness = 35. The chart needs to go from 0 to 50 both vertically and horizontally, with both axes intersecting at x=30 and y=30. I've been able to generate it to this point, but when I plot the values (which need to be interpreted as solid lines at the respective values), both lines are horizontal.

The whole point is that the grid is broken into four section, and where the two lines cross, or intersect, is the area which best describes the personality based on the questions. (ie: analytical - low A and high R, driver - high A and high R, expressive - high A and low R, amiable - low A and low R)

Did I explain that well enough?

thanks again!

Upvote 0
Why the axis cross other than 50%?

Oh, you know these liberal arts types; they make up the rules as they go along :)

IT'S A JOKE, IT'S A JOKE, OKAY?

Upvote 0
Perhaps if all else fails - oh, excuse me, I truly didn't mean to imply in any way that you might fail - you might perhaps try, or attempt to try, using the "line" in "Autoshapes" to manually do a plot.

Hope I've been amiably unassertive enough to please everyone.

Upvote 0
Why they cross at 30 instead of 25 I don't know.

I can get the axis to cross at 30, that's not the problem. The sum of applicable questions creates a sum of 1 to 50, and that's the line I need to plot. I can get them both to show up, but they are parallel to each other (both horizontal) and one need to be vertical to identify the personality type at which they cross each other.

Upvote 0
http://www.geocities.com/ylijohe/excels_part1.html

Click "Chart to plot responsivenes/assertivenes"

I made a file to show one solution, of course there are many others, too, (Although I am not aware of them...).

It is made using<font size=+3> conditional formatting</font>
, which appears to be rather usable tool, when everything else fails...
This message was edited by ylijohe on 2002-10-10 22:22

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WORKINGWITHNOLEADER

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back