Need help creating timesheet

jaugent27

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
I want to create a time sheet with the following columns...

Time In : Lunch Out, Lunch In : Time Out

So basically, people put time in as 8:05 am and time out as 4:45 pm. I need the formula to calculate that this equals 8 hours and 40 minutes plus subtract out if the person takes a lunch. I then need to have a column that keeps tabs if they went over 8 hours in the day. So in the example this would say 40 minutes. I then need to sum up both the total hours and additional time hours. Im sure this is possible and I would be very grateful for your help.

Categories for each workday will be:

Time In: Lunch Out: Lunch In : Time Out : Total Time : Additional Time

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
Hi jaugent27,
Welcome to the Board.

Are you looking for something like this?
<title>Excel Jeanie HTML</title>
<table style="padding-right: 2pt; padding-left: 2pt; font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial,Arial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <colgroup> <col style="font-weight: bold; width: 30px;"> <col style="width: 64px;"> <col style="width: 76px;"> <col style="width: 56px;"> <col style="width: 72px;"> <col style="width: 62px;"> <col style="width: 65px;"> <col style="width: 75px;"> <col style="width: 109px;"></colgroup> <tbody> <tr style="font-weight: bold; font-size: 8pt; background-color: rgb(202, 202, 202); text-align: center;"> <td> </td> <td>A</td> <td>B</td> <td>C</td> <td>D</td> <td>E</td> <td>F</td> <td>G</td> <td>H</td></tr> <tr style="height: 17px;"> <td style="font-size: 8pt; background-color: rgb(202, 202, 202); text-align: center;">1</td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td style="font-weight: bold;">Time In</td> <td style="font-weight: bold;">Lunch Out</td> <td style="font-weight: bold;">Lunch In</td> <td style="font-weight: bold;">Time Out</td> <td style="font-weight: bold;">Total Time</td> <td style="font-weight: bold;">Additional Time</td></tr> <tr style="height: 17px;"> <td style="font-size: 8pt; background-color: rgb(202, 202, 202); text-align: center;">2</td> <td style="text-align: right;">2/2/2009</td> <td>Monday</td> <td style="text-align: right;">8:00 AM</td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td style="text-align: right;">5:40 PM</td> <td style="text-align: right;">9:40</td> <td style="text-align: right;">1:40</td></tr> <tr style="height: 17px;"> <td style="font-size: 8pt; background-color: rgb(202, 202, 202); text-align: center;">3</td> <td style="text-align: right;">2/3/2009</td> <td>Tuesday</td> <td style="text-align: right;">8:05 AM</td> <td style="text-align: right;">12:30 PM</td> <td style="text-align: right;">1:15 PM</td> <td style="text-align: right;">4:45 PM</td> <td style="text-align: right;">7:55</td> <td> </td></tr> <tr style="height: 17px;"> <td style="font-size: 8pt; background-color: rgb(202, 202, 202); text-align: center;">4</td> <td style="text-align: right;">2/4/2009</td> <td>Wednesday</td> <td style="text-align: right;">8:00 AM</td> <td style="text-align: right;">12:00 PM</td> <td style="text-align: right;">1:00 PM</td> <td style="text-align: right;">6:00 PM</td> <td style="text-align: right;">9:00</td> <td style="text-align: right;">1:00</td></tr> <tr style="height: 17px;"> <td style="font-size: 8pt; background-color: rgb(202, 202, 202); text-align: center;">5</td> <td style="text-align: right;">2/5/2009</td> <td>Thursday</td> <td style="text-align: right;">9:00 AM</td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td style="text-align: right;">6:00 PM</td> <td style="text-align: right;">9:00</td> <td style="text-align: right;">1:00</td></tr> <tr style="height: 17px;"> <td style="font-size: 8pt; background-color: rgb(202, 202, 202); text-align: center;">6</td> <td style="text-align: right;">2/6/2009</td> <td>Friday</td> <td style="text-align: right;">7:30 AM</td> <td style="text-align: right;">11:30 AM</td> <td style="text-align: right;">1:00 PM</td> <td style="text-align: right;">4:00 PM</td> <td style="text-align: right;">7:00</td> <td> </td></tr></tbody></table>
<table style="border-style: groove; border-color: rgb(0, 255, 0); font-size: 10pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial; background-color: rgb(255, 252, 249);"> <tbody> <tr> <td>Spreadsheet Formulas</td></tr> <tr> <td> <table style="font-size: 9pt; font-family: Arial;" border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"> <tbody> <tr style="font-size: 10pt; background-color: rgb(202, 202, 202);"> <td>Cell</td> <td>Formula</td></tr> <tr> <td>G2</td> <td>=F2-C2-E2+D2</td></tr> <tr> <td>H2</td> <td>=IF(G2>VALUE("8:00"),G2-VALUE("8:00"),"")</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>
After using these formula in G2 and H2, custom format both cells to h:mm and drag the formula down.

Hope this helped.

Upvote 0
Thanks! One more thing...

If I want to add the TOTAL TIME to see if they worked a 40 hour week (need to reflect whether they worked under or over 40 hours/ week including Additional time (if necessary)

In my sheet, I had TOTAL TIMES of

9:40
9:30
9:00
9:52
6:45

I tried to SUM all these cells and it spit out 20:47. This doesn't make sense. Need just a bit more help.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
What you need to realize is that you are actually looking at in each cell is a time value, not a duration. So yes, when you add those up, that is the correct total. Select G2 and I bet you will see 9:40:00 AM in the formula bar.

The following will give you the correct total for column G. After entering the formula, finish it with Ctrl-Shift-Enter (not just the Enter key).

=(SUM(MINUTE(G2:G6))/60)+SUM(HOUR(G2:G6))

Upvote 0
nbrcrunch's formula is correct, but it gives answer in decimal. If you want answer in traditional h:mm format, try this:
Code:
=INT((SUM(MINUTE(G2:G6))/60)+SUM(HOUR(G2:G6)))&":"&TRUNC(((SUM(MINUTE(G2:G6))/60)+SUM(HOUR(G2:G6))-INT((SUM(MINUTE(G2:G6))/60)+SUM(HOUR(G2:G6))))*60,0)
confirm the formula with control+shift+enter

Upvote 0
Awesome!

How do I then take the total of the 5 day work week and compare it to a normal 40 hour week spitting out a deviation from the 40 hour week.

So if you worked 42 hours, the cell would say 2.

If you worked 38 hours, the cell would say (2).

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Awesome!

How do I then take the total of the 5 day work week and compare it to a normal 40 hour week spitting out a deviation from the 40 hour week.

So if you worked 42 hours, the cell would say 2.

If you worked 38 hours, the cell would say (2).

Thanks!

how about:
=LEFT(G8,FIND(":",G8)-1)-40
where G8 is that formula from my last post.

Upvote 0
I just got a bunch of # signs. I extended the column out but still just a bunch of # signs. I tried both "enter" and "control+shift+enter"

Upvote 0
Ah, negative times are displayed as # signs. When i change the format to a number, it does not take into account the minutes. So for example, i only entered one day's time, 10.5 hours. It displayed -30 as opposed to -29:50 hours which is what I would like it to do.

Upvote 0
Do i need it to spit out hours in one column and minutes in the other since I cant have a negative time?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back