need help distributing worksheet

danmen

Board Regular
I've created a spreadsheet in excel 2002 that I need to distribute to the different depts in my firm, I know for a fact we all use excel 2002. My question is I know some people have created their own excel10.xlb and personal.xls files so I don't want to overwrite those, the question is how do I go about installing my spreadsheet without overwriting their personal settings? ..... thx!

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
By them opening up a spreadsheet, it won't have any affect on their personal workbook or on their customised toolbars, unless of course you have macros that specifically change either of these.

Upvote 0
well I have macros stored in my personal.xls file that are launched from custom toolbars I've created, so yes my worksheet needs both my personal.xls file and excel10.xlb file to work properly

Upvote 0
store the macros in the spreadsheet that you are distributing.

I tried that, the problem is that if I save the spreadsheet under a different name afterwards my custom toolbars stop working properly- they keep pointing at the old file name and excel gives me an error message saying that the macros can't be found... for some reason the pointers stored inside excel10.xlb are not updated with the new spreadsheet name, that's the reason I decided to put all my macros inside of personal.xls and have my custom toolbars point there instead

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sweeberry

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back