Need help finding a trend

marcelo67

I need help finding a trend in my data. I am comparing air conditioner units before and after service and would like to calculate how long it takes for the air to go from room temperature (when the unit is not running) to its coldest point after the unit turns on.

I have an excel sheet with the temperatures read in one minute intervals. A/C units cycle several times per day and they take several minutes to reach their maximum cooling ability. The problem is that the cycles change throughout the day. For example it might turn on at 8:00 am and take 5 mintues to reach its coldest point and then turn off at 8:10 (in this case I would like to know that it took 5 minutes). It will then kick on again at 8:42, take 7 minutes to reach its coldest point, and turn off at 8:55 (in this case I would to know that it took 7 mintues). Repeat this throughout the day. Once I have all those numbers, I can then compare the averages before and after.

Is there a way to see how long it takes to reach that coldest point at the beginning of each cycle?

Any thoughts or ideas would be great!

Thanks,
Marcelo

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
You may want to create a line graph for each ac unit. This way you can see the lowest temp. reached as well as measure between the highs and the lows to estimate the time.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the idea. I have a week worth of data to graph and that ends up getting a bit cumbersome to look at. I will try to break it down by day maybe to see if that helps. Due to the sensitivity of the numbers I would really like to have a number to look at to be more precise.

I will give it a shot.

Marcelo

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lancelots

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back