need help for formula

chobanne

Hello all i got 2 columns A and B , with random values in them.

I need in column C to put all of the values ​​that appear in the column A with no repeat, and in column D to put the sum of all values in column B which correspond to the values ​​of a column A. I need that to be formula conection, not advanced filter.

example

A B C D
1 3 1 4
2 5 2 12
3 6 3 8
2 7 4 10
1 1
4 6
3 2
4 4

Thank you this is very important to me, because i always have problem with advanced filter

Last edited:

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
Hi Chobanne,

Why is the bottom value in column C "4"? should it not be blank because 2 is already present in the 2nd row of column A?

I don't follow the logic in column D. Should D equal A plus B? It's that in the first row but not the other rows.

Poiu

Upvote 0
I dont know what you understand, but in C i want to show every value that exist in column A (thats 1,2,3 and 4) and in D i want to get sum of values in B which are next to this values in column A (thats for 1(3+1=4),2(5+7=12),3(6+2=8) and 4(6+4=10))

Upvote 0
In C2, copied down...
=IFERROR(INDEX($A$2:$A$9,MATCH(0,INDEX(COUNTIF($C$1:C1,$A$2:$A$9),0,0),0)),"")

Then in D2, copied down...
=SUMIF($A$2:$A$9,E2,$B$2:$B$9)

Upvote 0
OK I understand column C now, but still now column D - please could you retry?

edit: ignore me - FDibbins beat me to it!

Upvote 0
Apologies, I had thise 2 formulas in E and F, so that I vcould keep your original data to compare with.

It should have read...
=SUMIF($A$2:$A$9,C2,$B$2:$B$9)

Upvote 0
Hello,

Here is a possible solution. I found this amazing formula for unique values online at Create a unique distinct alphabetically sorted list, extracted from a column in excel | Get Digital Help - Microsoft Excel resource

Note that the formula uses a few named ranges for simplicity, make sure you add those, If you want make them dynamic with this formulas:

Code:
List=OFFSET(Sheet2!$A$1,1,0,COUNTA(Sheet2!$A:$A)-1,1)
Code:
Values=OFFSET(Sheet2!$B$1,1,0,COUNTA(Sheet2!$B:$B)-1,1)

Also the formula in C1:C9 is an array formula press ctr+Shift+enter to enter it.

Here is the main formula for the unique values:
Code:
=IF(COUNT(IF(MATCH(List,List,0)=(ROW(List)-ROW(List_Start)+1),COUNTIF(List,"<"&List)+1,""))>(ROW(List)-ROW(List_Start)),INDEX(List,MATCH(SMALL(IF(MATCH(List,List,0)=(ROW(List)-ROW(List_Start)+1),COUNTIF(List,"<"&List)+1,""),(ROW(List)-ROW(List_Start)+1)),IF(MATCH(List,List,0)=(ROW(List)-ROW(List_Start)+1),COUNTIF(List,"<"&List)+1,""),0)),"")

This is the formula for the calculations:
Code:
=IF(C2="","",SUMPRODUCT(Values,--(List=C2)))

I have attached a copy of the work book in case you have questions https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30987064/Solution.xlsx

Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennimack

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back