abdulla88

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,
I hope that everyone is okay
I need your help with this assignment?

Please help the librarian create a database called Gulf Library using Microsoft Access software, to help store data and ease data retrieval and inquire upon request, which contains the following entities:

Student table (Student number, name, college, phone number, city, profile picture, email).

Book table (book number, book name, author's name ,type, publish year, book picture).

Book borrowing table (borrowing number, book number, student number, Start Date,End date).

Enter values for 6 records after designing.

Required as follows:

• Create entities and specify the type of data their attributes.
  • Define primary keys and foreign keys.
  • Establish relationships between entities
  • Create a query through the wizard to display the name of the student, the name of the book, and start date.
  • Create a query through the wizard to display the book details , and the condition of the publish year should be less than one year
  • Create a form for the main screen contains buttons to move all forms (entities).
  • Design reports for Book table and Book borrowing table.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
Looks like homework to me also.

@abdulla88
Suggest you give us
-a little background on this request in plain English,
-you initial/evolving attempt(s) and issue(s).

Upvote 0
Looks like homework to me also.

@abdulla88
Suggest you give us
-a little background on this request in plain English,
-you initial/evolving attempt(s) and issue(s).
I have tried to solve the assignment
, but I do not know where the error lies,
I will attach the solution that I made

Background:
The Gulf library is an integral part of the college or university. It interacts with the educational environment to meet the needs of the academic study programs and support the aims and content of the curriculum. A well-established library is essential for any academic institution. It provides a gateway for various organized resources and information in print and digital formats. Its goal is to meet the informational, cultural, recreational, and educational and research needs of its clientele; students, faculty, researchers and the other members of the community.Please help the librarian create a database called Gulf Library using Microsoft Access software, to help store data and ease data retrieval and inquire upon request, which contains the following entities:​

I am grateful for your help

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    86.7 KB · Views: 15
Upvote 0
What exactly do you mean by
but I do not know where the error lies,
Showing us a graphic of a form is not really helpful.
You have been given the entities with attributes in post #1.
The assignment has been well laid out:

• Create entities and specify the type of data their attributes. Show us your table designs
  • Define primary keys and foreign keys. Identify these
  • Establish relationships between entities Show us your tables and relationships
  • Create a query through the wizard to display the name of the student, the name of the book, and start date.
  • Create a query through the wizard to display the book details , and the condition of the publish year should be less than one year
  • Create a form for the main screen contains buttons to move all forms (entities).
Work through this this tutorial to experience the creation of a database from a business description.

Upvote 0
  • Create entities and specify the type of data their attributes. Show us your table designs
  • 1624966860348.png
  • What exactly do you mean by

Showing us a graphic of a form is not really helpful.
    You have been given the entities with attributes in post #1.
    The assignment has been well laid out:

• Establish relationships between entities Show us your tables and relationships
    Work through this this tutorial to experience the creation of a database from a business description.

1624967076838.png

Upvote 0
What is the error?
Did you look at the link materials I suggested?

Can you post the SQL for each of your queries?

Facts:
A Student may borrow 0,1 or many Books
A Book may be borrowed by 0,1 or many Students

Upvote 0
FYI to all responding: This text from the Gulf University Library page is identical to that posted by the OP, seemingly as a request by the library. If you read the entire page there is nothing there regarding such a request.
The academic library is an integral part of the college or university. It interacts with the educational environment to meet the needs of the academic study programs and support the aims and content of the curriculum.

A well-established library is essential for any academic institution. It provides a gateway for various organized resources and information in print and digital formats. Its goal is to meet the informational, cultural, recreational, and educational and research needs of its clientele; students, faculty, researchers and the other members of the community.
Now I don't mind helping people with assignments IF they take direction and do the work but not if it's presented as something it's not. Given the above and the obfuscation by the OP (the question was never directly answered) I'm not jumping in. I felt I should post the info and let y'all decide for yourselves.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RExcelSearch

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back