Need Help on a Project at work

projecthelp

Hey Guys,

At work, I have a report that is essentially just copy and pasting our volume from our SAP/BI website and pasting it into an excel sheet. I feel like this can easily be done with Excel Macros, but whenever I try to search youtube videos on how to do it, I get confused. I go to the developer tab, press record data, go to the data tab, press import from web, go to the website, import the data. After I do that, I press stop macros, however when I try to run the macros again I get the macro name of personal.xlsb in front of the macro name and it doesn't run.

Can someone please help?
Thanks

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
For the macro name, when you go to record the macro a dialog box appears and near the bottom is a box which says "Store macro in" and in the input box by the dropdown it probably says "Personal macro workbook".

Click the dropdown and change it to "This workbook" then re-record your macro and try running it, then post back with any issues.

If you get the same error post the code in the thread and state what line is highlighted.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back