Need help on a project that's due friday!

O_Castitatis_Lilium

Office Version
  1. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I'm new to the forums, but so far they have helped me in getting to where I am now in my project, but I couldn't seem to find the answer I need to this latest development here at all. My issue is, I have textboxes that I have linked to two separate cells, and those cells are linked to a formula in a separate set of cells. What I mean is, lets say I have text boxes linked to A1 and A2, the formula that those cells are apart of is in D1. The issue I am having right now, and it's the last thing keeping me from finishing this project tonight ahead of schedule, is that the textboxes keep adding the numbers to the cells, but the cells are storing them as text. I would have to go in and manually click on them each time to convert them to numbers and have the formula work, but all of that is going to be covered up with a picture I can't click through. I need help trying to figure out what I need to do in order to stop those numbers from repeatedly being stored as text.

I have gone in to see if I can format a cell to keep everything as a number, and I even tried a bit of coding to keep the textboxes form doing it, but it didn't seem to work. I did:

Private Sub TextBox1_Change()
me.textbox1+0
End Sub

I had heard that adding a 0 to it would force the textbox to spit out the number as an actual number into the cell, but this didn't seem to work. I have tried to figure this out all night (since about 4 this afternoon after school) and I just can't figure this last bit out. Seeing as that I got a lot of help from here and a youtube channel, I came here hoping that you smart people could help me with this. I thank you all for any and all help that is offered in advance, just in case I head to bed before I get a chance to respond.

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
My understanding is that the linkage to a text box works in one direction....the content of a worksheet cell can be displayed in a text box. But it sounds as if you are trying to have a change in the text box force a change to a worksheet cell. Is that correct?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmsotelo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back