Need Help Please with Excel Formula

Lindee

I am new to Excel and I'm trying to write a formula that will change the value of a set of numbers to a different value. i.e. 116 ~161~ 161 i.e. 225~ 552~525~ 520 for numbers 1 thru 0.
Would some kind soul Help me. I have started writing with the Subsitute function however I'm not advanced enough to go beyond the 1st 2 conversions.
Thanks in Advance.
Lindee

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
I followed your instructions word for word and still the same problem.

My last attempt.
Go to:
File> Options> Advanced> Display options for this worksheet
and verify if this is checked
Show formulas in cells instead of their calculated results.
If so, uncheked it.

By the way, I think you should seek help from someone close to you who can better assess what is happening.
I do not know how to help you more. Hope someone can do it.

M.

Upvote 0
I hope you are not trying to guess the winning numbers of a lottery! That is usually an exercise in futility!;)
I think Joe has a typo here... he misspelled the word "completely" as "usually". :devilish:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
just a thought but aside from what you are looking for try typing this in any cell

=RANDBETWEEN(100,999)

this will generate a random 3 digit number just press the F9 Key to get a new number

Upvote 0
My last attempt.
Go to:
File> Options> Advanced> Display options for this worksheet
and verify if this is checked
Show formulas in cells instead of their calculated results.
If so, uncheked it.

By the way, I think you should seek help from someone close to you who can better assess what is happening.
I do not know how to help you more. Hope someone can do it.

M.
Yes that box was checked on the worksheet I installed on. I have unchecked the box and now I'm getting the result of "True or False" for (=ISNUMBERA2). Now where do I place the original formula you gave me, in each cell? Thank you Marcelo.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you Dryver14. I will try that also. I am looking for a specific formula for numbers that change to Palindrome numbers. I just recently found out that is the descriptive name for these numbers, ie. 161 changes to 616. My God this is now 7th grade Math.!!!!!!!!!! I had no CLUE~less.

Upvote 0
Yes that box was checked on the worksheet I installed on. I have unchecked the box and now I'm getting the result of "True or False" for (=ISNUMBERA2). Now where do I place the original formula you gave me, in each cell? Thank you Marcelo.

Here's a copy of the formula typed in the cell, word for word. I hit enter and the formula stays in the cell. Do I have to hit ALT, ?? OR something?.
TRUEABTRUE
1OriginalConverted
2161=SUMPRODUCT(MOD(MID(A2,{1;2;3},1)+5,10)*{100;10;1})
5278723TRUE

<tbody>
</tbody>

this is all on the same sheet. It doesn't seem to recognize the pivot table cells. It's trying to read the Column and rows instead. I'm sorry you are frustrated, I would have never known to look for the Display setting .

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rkmenon

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back