Need Help Please with Excel Formula

Lindee

I am new to Excel and I'm trying to write a formula that will change the value of a set of numbers to a different value. i.e. 116 ~161~ 161 i.e. 225~ 552~525~ 520 for numbers 1 thru 0.
Would some kind soul Help me. I have started writing with the Subsitute function however I'm not advanced enough to go beyond the 1st 2 conversions.
Thanks in Advance.
Lindee

Same results. Tried in 2 empty cells.

=ISNUMBER(A2)

AB=ISNUMBER(A2)
1OriginalConverted
2116=SUMPRODUCT(MOD(MID(A2,{1;2;3},1)+5,10)*{100;10;1})

<colgroup><col style="mso-width-source:userset;mso-width-alt:3364;width:138pt" width="184"> <col style="mso-width-source:userset;mso-width-alt:5741;width:236pt" width="314"> <col style="mso-width-source:userset;mso-width-alt:8594;width:353pt" width="470"> <col style="width:191pt" width="254"> </colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
What do you mean by "same results"?
Are you saying that you cannot insert in a cell a very simple formula as =ISNUMBER(A2)? Is so, your Excel has problems.
By the way, what Excel version are you using?

M.

Upvote 0
I mean it is not working when I place the = ISNUMBER command in an empty cell. I have suspected that Excel is not working correctly, so I have Excel 10 on the way.. I have Microsoft Home and Student 2007 version, as for the exact version # I looked in "properties and it does not give the exact version number ... Operating System is Windows 10. There maybe some compatibility issues.

Upvote 0
I have determined that: The reason I can't get the formula to work is that I don't know how to copy and past the formula to my workbook. DID I MENTION THAT I KNOW VERY LITTLE ABOUT EXCEL LOL... Please tell me how to copy and past formulas.:eek:
Thanks again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The cell does nothing.... the formula just sits there in the cell
like this:
=ISNUMBER(A2)

<colgroup><col width="390"></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This usually occurs when the cell is formatted as text. Select the cell, right-click, pick Format Cell, and choose General.
Type again the formula in the cell.

M.

Upvote 0
It looks to me like you have a space in front of the formula in the cell where it is sitting, click on it and before the = sign, try either backspace or delete

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aivin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back