Need Help Please with Excel Formula

Lindee

I am new to Excel and I'm trying to write a formula that will change the value of a set of numbers to a different value. i.e. 116 ~161~ 161 i.e. 225~ 552~525~ 520 for numbers 1 thru 0.
Would some kind soul Help me. I have started writing with the Subsitute function however I'm not advanced enough to go beyond the 1st 2 conversions.
Thanks in Advance.
Lindee

just a thought but aside from what you are looking for try typing this in any cell

=RANDBETWEEN(100,999)

this will generate a random 3 digit number just press the F9 Key to get a new number

Used your formula and I'm testing now. It may turn out to be helpful. Thank you again
I

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
Your welcome.....I'm thinking 20 - 30% of any winning lol
Good enough for me Thank you again,,,,
I found this formula on another site:
"In A1, enter the number 10.
In A2, enter the formula =A1+1. Fill down to A90.
In B1: =TEXT(A1,"00")&RIGHT(TEXT(A1,"00"),1)&LEFT(TEXT(A1 ,"00"),1)
Fill down.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten"

Wanted to give the guy his credit. Maybe you can use it.
Good Luck
Linda

Upvote 0
Hey Marcelo Branco,,,,I found a resolution to the issue of not being able to post the formula in the cells....I pasted the formula in the cell, then went to the formula bar, took out the = sign from the formula, then put the = sign in again and it WORKED it excepted the formula....I figured it out on my own ,,,very simple. Incase you have someone with the same issue. Still have the "Value Error" but that's ok, I found another formula... Thank you again for all your hard work.
Sincerely Linda

Upvote 0
Hey Marcelo Branco,,,,I found a resolution to the issue of not being able to post the formula in the cells....I pasted the formula in the cell, then went to the formula bar, took out the = sign from the formula, then put the = sign in again and it WORKED it excepted the formula....I figured it out on my own ,,,very simple. Incase you have someone with the same issue. Still have the "Value Error" but that's ok, I found another formula... Thank you again for all your hard work.
Sincerely Linda

M, just wanted to update you with Great News,,, I was working with your formula,, I got it to work by changing the formating to General,,, used the little trick of removing the = sign and then replacing it in the formula bar and IT is now working GREAT. just wanted you to know you were on the right track. I used the evaluate formula when I posted it in the cell and Excel 10 said the cell was a "constant" (whatever that means) so I changed to General formatting.
Thank you M.
NEVER GIVE UP!!! that comes from
my Scottish heritage.
Thank you so much. I'd give you a hug but your a little to far away. lol
Linda PS. I would have never known any of this, if it wasn't for you and your patience.!!!!!!!(y)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Linda,

Great news!

I'm very happy that the formula i suggested is working now and you figured out how to enter formulas.

All the best

M.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guest1337

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back