Need help to correct code

RAJESH1960

Banned for repeated rules violations
Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello Code Experts

I am using one of Johnnyl”s code, editing it and using it for another project. I need help in some places. Firstly, I am not able to take the range of values below the particulars column which is column C as the cells are merged. So, I added another code to copy the sheet to the working sheet and used unmerged, shifted the heading “Particulars” from B10 to C10. The range need to be edited in the code.

Secondly, here is the tough part. In the List of ledgers sheet, I want the code to avoid 4 names from the list which are Opening Balance, (as per details), 2171377 which can be different in different scenarios and finally Closing Balance. That way I will get the correct ledgers, in MasterData sheet, that I have to create.

Lastly, In the ImportMasters sheet, I am getting 5 excess rows which are empty. They will generate an error when I import the xml file to the server.
If the working sheet is avoided it would be great.
Test NA Masters.xlsm

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
In the import sheet, the rows need to be resized with the number of rows below the particulars in sheet MasterData.

Upvote 0
Firstly, I am not able to take the range of values below the particulars column which is column C as the cells are merged. So, I added another code to copy the sheet to the working sheet and used unmerged, shifted the heading “Particulars” from B10 to C10. The range need to be edited in the code.
I have also been able to avoid the extra sheet workings with this code. So, you can avoid the first problem.

Upvote 0
First link has been deleted and the second link does not load.

Upvote 0
JohnnyL

In my new project, instead of PasteData the name of the sheet is Original. The format in the original sheet is different from the other formats which you have written the code. I tried combining the MoveData code with the Generate xml code. I have been successful to some extent, but not completely.

The range below particulars to be copied to Masterdata from the Original sheet from the second cell row 12, below the particulars column and also avoid the last 3 rows which are 41,42, and 43th rows in this case. In the MasterData sheet, I need only one column “Particulars”.

I am unable to clear the old data in MasterData sheet and Import Master sheets, by adding the code, in the beginning of the code.

I want the code to stop and display all ledgers available when all the ledgers are available. When all the ledgers are available it is generating an error.

I am sharing the old code, for you reference, which is hidden in the workbook, from which I extracted the required lines.

If possible to extract the data from Original, then please remove the codes connected to workings sheet, so that I can remove that sheet.
Code to Edit.xlsm
Video for reference.....
Reference Video.mp4

Upvote 0
It says access denied when I try to check out the workbook. Did you grant permissions?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lancelots

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back