Need Help using Vlookup and If together across multiple worksheets

Cwestyun

I have a new project at work that requires me to pull a 10 digit project code (alpha and numeric) from about 10 client worksheets (all worksheets are in the same format and code is found in Column C)and see if they match the project code listed in a system report (system report is in a different format, code is found in Column H). If the client's project code does match the master code list report we want it to produce two things. #1 the name of the client and #2 the coordinating expensed amount for that code (which is in system report Column N). The Master system report code list is roughly 3,000 codes long and each client has 50-100 codes on their individual sheets.

I dont even know where to start. I've tried a Vlookup function but it keeps giving me an #N/A or #Ref! so I know I'm doing something wrong. I read a forum post that made me think maybe I should combine the Vlookup with an If formula together or use the Index and match formulas together. Can someone please lead me in the right direction

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ijat

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back