Need help VBA code to highlight cells

rvillaneda

Fairly new to VBA and need some help. I have the following data in excel sheet1 in the range C2:D10. I'd like to be able to double click on either the Category or the Volume cell within the range and have that data (for the respective row) copied to another location. I have found a way to do that via the VBA code below; however, I would also like that same selection to be shaded upon the double click. For example, if I double click on the cell containing value of "Carrots", I'd like that cell and the associated volume cell (i.e. 112) to be highlighted. Alternatively, if I end up double clicking a different row the highlight should turn off and only the newly selected should be highlighted.

The VBA code to transfer the selected data seems to be working well. How do I add code so I can get it to highlight column C and D for the selected row?

Category

Volume
Bananas212
Carrots112
Zucchini153
Asparagus311
Potatoes112
Squash89
Beets45
Plums125

<tbody>
</tbody>

Current VBA Code

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean)
If Target.Column >= 3 And Target.Column <= 4 And Target.Row >= 2 And Target.Row <= 10 Then
Cancel = True
If Target.Value <> "" Then
Sheet3.Range("B3") = Range("c" & Target.Row).Value
Sheet3.Range("C3") = Range("d" & Target.Row).Value

End If
End If

End Sub

Meesam_ali

Board Regular
The solution to your problem seems advanced as far as worksheet events is considered. See if the below is sufficient. I am working on full solution as of now.
Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean)
Set ws = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("color")
If Target.Column >= 3 And Target.Column <= 4 And Target.Row >= 2 And Target.Row <= 10 Then
    Cancel = True
    If Target.Value <> "" Then
        k = Target.Row
        ws.Range("A3") = Range("C" & k).Value
        ws.Range("B3") = Range("D" & k).Value
        If Range("C" & k).Interior.ColorIndex = 6 Then
            Range("C" & k).Interior.Color = xlNone
            Range("D" & k).Interior.Color = xlNone
        Else
            Range("C" & k).Interior.ColorIndex = 6
            Range("D" & k).Interior.ColorIndex = 6
        End If
    End If
End If

End Sub

rvillaneda

Sorry Meesam_ali - that didn't seem to work. I copied the VBA code as you listed it and received an error message stating runtime error "9" subscript out of range. When I select the debug, it highlights the second line in your code (set ws - ThisWorkbook.Sheets("color") and states it is out of range.

Akuini

Office Version
Platform
Windows
Hi, rvillaneda
You may try this code:

Code:
[color=blue]Private[/color] [color=blue]Sub[/color] Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick[B]([/B][color=blue]ByVal[/color] Target [color=blue]As[/color] Range[B],[/B] Cancel [color=blue]As[/color] [color=blue]Boolean[/color][B])[/B]
    [color=blue]If[/color] [color=blue]Not[/color] Intersect[B]([/B]Target[B],[/B] Range[B]([/B][color=brown]"C2:D10"[/color][B]))[/B] [color=blue]Is[/color] [color=blue]Nothing[/color] [color=blue]Then[/color]
            Cancel [B]=[/B] [color=blue]True[/color]
            [color=blue]If[/color] Target.Value [B]<>[/B] [color=brown]""[/color] [color=blue]Then[/color]
                x [B]=[/B] Target.Row
                Sheet3.Range[B]([/B][color=brown]"B3"[/color][B])[/B] [B]=[/B] Range[B]([/B][color=brown]"c"[/color] [B]&[/B] x[B]).[/B]Value
                Sheet3.Range[B]([/B][color=brown]"C3"[/color][B])[/B] [B]=[/B] Range[B]([/B][color=brown]"d"[/color] [B]&[/B] x[B]).[/B]Value

[i][color=seagreen]'clear previous highlight[/color][/i]
                Range[B]([/B][color=brown]"C2:D10"[/color][B]).[/B]Interior.Color [B]=[/B] xlNone
                Range[B]([/B]Cells[B]([/B]x[B],[/B] [color=brown]"C"[/color][B]),[/B] Cells[B]([/B]x[B],[/B] [color=brown]"D"[/color][B])).[/B]Interior.Color [B]=[/B] vbYellow

[color=blue]End[/color] [color=blue]If[/color]
    [color=blue]End[/color] [color=blue]If[/color]

[color=blue]End[/color] [color=blue]Sub[/color]

Meesam_ali

Board Regular
Sorry Meesam_ali - that didn't seem to work. I copied the VBA code as you listed it and received an error message stating runtime error "9" subscript out of range. When I select the debug, it highlights the second line in your code (set ws - ThisWorkbook.Sheets("color") and states it is out of range.
Sorry i had put explicit name of sheet. Good that "Akuini" already posted solution and that works perfectly.

Akuini

Office Version
Platform
Windows
You're welcome & thanks for replying

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelingtolearn

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• populate from drop list with multiple tables
    Hi All, i have a drop list that displays data, what i want is when i select one of those from the list to populate text from different tables on...
  • Find list of words from sheet2 in sheet1 before a comma and extract text vba
    Hi Friends, Trying to find the solution on my task. But did not find suitable one to the need. Here is my query and sample file with details...
  • Dynamic Formula entry - VBA code sought
    Hello, really hope one of you experts can help with this - i've spent hours on this and getting no-where. .I have a set of data (more rows than...
  • Listbox Header
    Have a named range called "AccidentsHeader" Within my code I have: [CODE]Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() ListBox1.RowSource =...
  • Complex Heat Map using conditional formatting
    Good day excel world. I have a concern. Below link have a list of countries that carries each country unique data. [URL...
  • Conditional formatting
    Hi good morning, hope you can help me please, I have cells P4:P54 and if this cell is equal to 1 then i want row O to say "Fully Utilised" and to...