Need help VBA code to highlight cells

rvillaneda

Fairly new to VBA and need some help. I have the following data in excel sheet1 in the range C2:D10. I'd like to be able to double click on either the Category or the Volume cell within the range and have that data (for the respective row) copied to another location. I have found a way to do that via the VBA code below; however, I would also like that same selection to be shaded upon the double click. For example, if I double click on the cell containing value of "Carrots", I'd like that cell and the associated volume cell (i.e. 112) to be highlighted. Alternatively, if I end up double clicking a different row the highlight should turn off and only the newly selected should be highlighted.

The VBA code to transfer the selected data seems to be working well. How do I add code so I can get it to highlight column C and D for the selected row?

Category

Volume
Bananas212
Carrots112
Zucchini153
Asparagus311
Potatoes112
Squash89
Beets45
Plums125

<tbody>
</tbody>

Current VBA Code

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean)
If Target.Column >= 3 And Target.Column <= 4 And Target.Row >= 2 And Target.Row <= 10 Then
Cancel = True
If Target.Value <> "" Then
Sheet3.Range("B3") = Range("c" & Target.Row).Value
Sheet3.Range("C3") = Range("d" & Target.Row).Value

End If
End If

End Sub

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
The solution to your problem seems advanced as far as worksheet events is considered. See if the below is sufficient. I am working on full solution as of now.
Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean)
Set ws = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("color")
If Target.Column >= 3 And Target.Column <= 4 And Target.Row >= 2 And Target.Row <= 10 Then
    Cancel = True
    If Target.Value <> "" Then
        k = Target.Row
        ws.Range("A3") = Range("C" & k).Value
        ws.Range("B3") = Range("D" & k).Value
        If Range("C" & k).Interior.ColorIndex = 6 Then
            Range("C" & k).Interior.Color = xlNone
            Range("D" & k).Interior.Color = xlNone
        Else
            Range("C" & k).Interior.ColorIndex = 6
            Range("D" & k).Interior.ColorIndex = 6
        End If
    End If
End If

End Sub

Upvote 0
Sorry Meesam_ali - that didn't seem to work. I copied the VBA code as you listed it and received an error message stating runtime error "9" subscript out of range. When I select the debug, it highlights the second line in your code (set ws - ThisWorkbook.Sheets("color") and states it is out of range.

Upvote 0
Hi, rvillaneda
You may try this code:

Code:
[color=blue]Private[/color] [color=blue]Sub[/color] Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick[B]([/B][color=blue]ByVal[/color] Target [color=blue]As[/color] Range[B],[/B] Cancel [color=blue]As[/color] [color=blue]Boolean[/color][B])[/B]
    [color=blue]If[/color] [color=blue]Not[/color] Intersect[B]([/B]Target[B],[/B] Range[B]([/B][color=brown]"C2:D10"[/color][B]))[/B] [color=blue]Is[/color] [color=blue]Nothing[/color] [color=blue]Then[/color]
            Cancel [B]=[/B] [color=blue]True[/color]
            [color=blue]If[/color] Target.Value [B]<>[/B] [color=brown]""[/color] [color=blue]Then[/color]
                x [B]=[/B] Target.Row
                Sheet3.Range[B]([/B][color=brown]"B3"[/color][B])[/B] [B]=[/B] Range[B]([/B][color=brown]"c"[/color] [B]&[/B] x[B]).[/B]Value
                Sheet3.Range[B]([/B][color=brown]"C3"[/color][B])[/B] [B]=[/B] Range[B]([/B][color=brown]"d"[/color] [B]&[/B] x[B]).[/B]Value

[i][color=seagreen]'clear previous highlight[/color][/i]
                Range[B]([/B][color=brown]"C2:D10"[/color][B]).[/B]Interior.Color [B]=[/B] xlNone
                Range[B]([/B]Cells[B]([/B]x[B],[/B] [color=brown]"C"[/color][B]),[/B] Cells[B]([/B]x[B],[/B] [color=brown]"D"[/color][B])).[/B]Interior.Color [B]=[/B] vbYellow

[color=blue]End[/color] [color=blue]If[/color]
    [color=blue]End[/color] [color=blue]If[/color]

[color=blue]End[/color] [color=blue]Sub[/color]

Upvote 0
Sorry Meesam_ali - that didn't seem to work. I copied the VBA code as you listed it and received an error message stating runtime error "9" subscript out of range. When I select the debug, it highlights the second line in your code (set ws - ThisWorkbook.Sheets("color") and states it is out of range.

Sorry i had put explicit name of sheet. Good that "Akuini" already posted solution and that works perfectly.

Upvote 0
You're welcome & thanks for replying

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbind kumar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back