Need help with a csv file for import

12paws4fun

Hello Gurus -
I could sure use some help on creating a csv file for upload to online banking software. I've downloaded a check register from our accounting software and I need to then upload the file to our bank (we have a positive pay feature on the bank account). When I download the file from Quickbooks Enterprise14, some of the amounts download with a decimal and cents, and some amounts download as whole dollar amounts. Here is an example:

The file needs to be in a .csv format in order to upload it to the bank. The amount needs to be in a #,##0.00 format in the csv file -- with a decimal place and two digits after the decimal ( .00 ). Since the amounts download from QuickBooks as both whole and decimal amounts, when I save the csv file they save as both whole and decimal amounts. I need the csv file to have a 0.00 format with a decimal place and two digits after the decimal.

What type of formatting can I apply to the "amount" column to make the whole number have the '.00' on the end so that all the #s are formatted the same in the csv file? Do I need to write a macro to accomplish this? I apologize for the length of this post, but I wanted to provide the Gurus enough detail....

Thank you.

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
You can't really apply any formatting to the original number. You can, however, convert the value to a text string using TEXT. For example, =TEXT(A1, "###,##0.00") in a helper column.

Copy and Paste Special Values and Formats over the original.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back