Need Help With A Dynamic Afternoon Schedule

figuare9

Board Regular
https://imgur.com/MW70EzR

MW70EzR
MW70EzR
MW70EzR.png

NOTE: So far, I only have conditional formatting for an X in this sheet and the positions of the "x's" is not valid right now. Please ignore them :)

NOTE: Schedule Range E12:BE47

Okay, so what I'm trying to do, is build an afternoon schedule for some of our employees. The longer an employee is with the company, the fewer times he has to work an afternoon schedule. So you can see the"intervals between shifts" there..

What I want to happen:
(Let's use employee # 2 as an example here.)

I will manually enter an "X" for employee #2 on the desired start week. Let's say week 3.

I would then like excel to autofill his scheduled afternoon shift every (7) weeks for the whole year. Since that's his interval #.

Throughout the year though however, I will need to change this. So it actually ends up being very dynamic. Employees get sick, go out of town for other jobs, etc, etc.. This changes a lot. I need this to work so that I can change the employees weeks all the time. This is actually the hardest part for me. How can I get excel to change the auto schedule when I change a week manually?

I've thought about using an "X" and an "S". X could be when the employee is certain to work, and "S" is when he's scheduled. This way I could use only the "X's" to determine the "S's" locations. And changes could be easier? but even then I'm still a bit lost on how to do it.

If I have IE; employee # 2 scheduled for the whole year, and want to change his schedule half way through the year, how do I get excel to only change the auto fill based on my corrections through the year?

HOPEFULLY I explained this well enough. I'll gladly answer questions if it's not quite clear.. I sure hope this is do-able. I've been at this for hours!!

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
I've definitely exhausted any google searches for this. I feel like I might have gone as far as I can go with it myself. Hate to bump this early, but I'm out of ideas!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back