Need help with a Sales contest

gbeethe

Office Version
  1. 2016
So I've been tasked with recording sales results for our sales staff. Basically I have about twenty reps and I'll be putting in the details of their sales each day. What I need is for it to tally up totals for each sales person. I don't know if it be best to keep the running totals in a separate sheet. I used to use Excel a lot ten years ago and did a lot of things like this but I could use some reminding please.

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
well, not so sure as what you are looking for
but you can keep all your staff name in a different sheet, then use the functions

sumif or sumifs (both function will give you the total of sales for respective staff.

I hope this helps.

Upvote 0
well here is the example

I have sales details in sheet one and the total sales output with function in sheet 2 (sheet2 is name as "Emp")

yes only Rows

Attachments

• sheet1.jpg
    sheet1.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 3
  • sheet2.jpg
    sheet2.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 4
Upvote 0
I'll be entering the stock number that's sold. The sales person who sold it, and the money they collected as a downpayment. The contest is to see who can collect most amount of money. Should be simple but I think I'm overthinking it.

Upvote 0
So I might list 300 stock numbers that are sold. i'll be adding the appropriate sales person's name and the money they collected. I'll need to it add the totals per rep.

Upvote 0
To add consecutive values in a row, in your TOTAL cell place something like the following:

= SUM(A1:A3)

That would total up Cell A1, A2, and A3, for example.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I know how to add consecutive values. What I need is to add the values per rep. So say John Smith sells three units and he's listed on E9, E17, and E26. I would want to add F9, F17, and F26.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back