Need help with creating a macro to close popup calendar (Excel 2007)

gmaboing

Hello all,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
BASIC HISTORY OF WHAT I'M DOING<o:p></o:p>
I have a popup calendar that appears when a user selects/activates a specific cell (e.g. B6) by single mouse click or by navigating to the cell by using the arrow keys. When the cell is selected/activated, the calendar appears with the current day already highlighted and the user can then click on whatever day they want and after they click on the day they want, the calendar closes.<o:p></o:p>
PROBLEM<o:p></o:p>
While creating a new macro that will clear specified populated cells, I selected cell B6 to remove the date that is in cell B6 and the calendar popped up. I closed the calendar by clicking the close button ("x") and then deleted the date out of cell B6. After I finished all of my steps, I checked the macro and everything recorded except when I closed the popup calendar. <o:p></o:p>
Does anyone have any idea of how I can include code in my macro that will close the popup calendar when it appears? :confused:<o:p></o:p>
I tried using the 'SendKeys' statement for Alt+F4, but this did not work. <o:p></o:p>
Thank you to everyone in advance.

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
Assuming you are using the Worksheet_SelectionChange event procedure to pop up the calendar, at the beginning of your new macro put:

Application.EnableEvents = False

and:

Application.EnableEvents = True

at the end. Then the event procedure won't fire.

Upvote 0
Assuming you are using the Worksheet_SelectionChange event procedure to pop up the calendar, at the beginning of your new macro put:

Application.EnableEvents = False

and:

Application.EnableEvents = True

at the end. Then the event procedure won't fire.

ANDREW... YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!! THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED! I have been scratching my head for weeks on this (mainly because I'm stuborn and have to try and figure it out by myself before I ask for help.)

If you were in Orlando, I would bake you one of my famous homemade pound cakes!

I (and my bald spot) thank you! :biggrin:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tanurai

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back