Need help with creating a Staffing Graph

bksparkz

Hello everyone,
This is my second time using the forum. The first time was a great experience. I received all the help I needed. I need help for the second time now. I was given the following directions.....

You need at a minimum 10 weeks of data of arrivals across every hour of the day.</SPAN>

You graph the peak arrivals on each hour across the 168 hours of the week. That’s the “Peak High”</SPAN>

You take the highest number of arrivals for each hour for the 10 Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays, etc. and you take the mean of those 10 observations and you graph it on each of 168 hours in a week. That’s the “Mean High.”</SPAN>

You take the lowest number of arrivals for each hour for the 10 Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays, etc. and you take the mean of those 10 observations and you graph it on each of 168 hours in a week. That’s the “Mean Low.”</SPAN>

You take the patients/per hour of your each of your staff and you figure out how many of your staff you need at each of the 168 hours to cover the “Mean High” arrival (demand) rate. This rate approximates 85% of peak demand and is a generally appropriate staffing level. If you take 50 weeks and work with five groups of 10 it gets better and somewhat better still if you go to 100 weeks. It’s important not to align the 10 weeks within one season if you’re looking for an average or do it four times, once for each season and adjust staffing accordingly.</SPAN>

Those of you who run (or have run) ambulance services may recognize this as a (much) simplified version of Unit-hour distribution, also with the geography removed.

Can someone please guide me in the right direction.
Please help me.

Thank You all. </SPAN>

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiz11713

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back