Need help with data feeds

Jackblack1

Hello All

I have a form in access that puts information into a table 1, for example, I have fields; corp Id, first name, last name, dept.,..etc. Most of the work is data entry but I am trying to fix this so this information automatically plugs in. See, I have another table (Table 2) loaded with all 43,000 employees sorted by Corp Id, I need to figure out that if someone types in the first field (corp Id) it will fill in the other fields automatically, such as, first name, last name, dept...etc...Where as the information goes into table 1. I do not know how to set up the expression builder (if needed) or the relationship (if Needed). Please Help..>Thanks

Jack

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
Hi Jack
If I understand your question correctly, you already have all of the employee details in Table 2 and you now want to enter them into Table 1. Why do you want to double up on the data? What is different about Table 1 that requires all of the information to be repeated? One method might be to store the corporate id in Table 1 and then access the other information from Table 2 via a select query. An alternative method might be to have a yes/no field in Table 2 to signify that these employees are "different" in some sort of way (i.e. "different" in that you wanted them in Table 1) and you can identify these records via a select query. What is the purpose of Table 1?
HTH, Andrew. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back