Need help with error in macro

aashish83

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
getting error in the last line....my range is dynamic and may have blank cells in it

Sub Create_Central()

Dim sh1 As Worksheet, sh2 As Worksheet, c As Range

Set sh1 = Sheets("FSR Level A")

Set sh2 = Sheets("BI")

For Each c In sh2.Range("A18:A2700")

sh1.Copy After:=Sheets(Sheets.Count)

Activesheet.Name = c.Value

Next

End Sub

Thank you it doesn't give erros now but the renaming issue still is not happening like the orignal code. Its not renaming the sheets as per range(for e.g. A18:A21 has three names London, Dublin, Poland and Munich) how it was doing earlier now it is creating FSR Level 1, FSR Level A2 sheets
Thank Peter the below code finally worked

Dim sh1 As Worksheet, sh2 As Worksheet
Set sh2 = Sheets("BI")

For Each c In sh2.Range("319:A2700", Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)).SpecialCells(xlConstants)
ActiveSheet.Name = c.Value
Next

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
Thank Peter the below code finally worked
I'm glad that you have something working, but I don't think it is that code.

The code you posted is not valid code. For example "319:A2700" is not a valid range.
I assume that you typed the code into the forum rather than copy/paste from your vba editor window?

A couple of other points:
  • It also looks like you may have changed the range of interest since the original information?
  • Even if you fix the range mentioned above, the code would fail if the "BI" sheet was not the active sheet when the code is run.

Upvote 0
I'm glad that you have something working, but I don't think it is that code.

The code you posted is not valid code. For example "319:A2700" is not a valid range.
I assume that you typed the code into the forum rather than copy/paste from your vba editor window?

A couple of other points:
  • It also looks like you may have changed the range of interest since the original information?
  • Even if you fix the range mentioned above, the code would fail if the "BI" sheet was not the active sheet when the code is run.
Yes Peter it is a typo the range is A19:A2700

Upvote 0
Always best to actually copy/paste your code to avoid that sort of issue. ;)

BYW, have you tested running the code when sheet 'FSR Level A' is the active sheet?

Upvote 0
Hi Peter i have another query on the same is it possible to have this code work for Multiple Range for .e.g. my second range would be B19:B2700 and if that is so it should replica of Sheet FSR Level B instead of FSR Level A and third Range would be C19:C2700 and output to be FSR Level C sheet.

Also if instead of Creating this in the same workbook can i have open in new a workbook

Upvote 0
Always best to actually copy/paste your code to avoid that sort of issue. ;)

BYW, have you tested running the code when sheet 'FSR Level A' is the active sheet?
No coz i have assigned a button on the BI sheet to run the Macro hence it will always be run from the BI sheeet

Upvote 0
Hi Peter, Request you to please look at the below code as i seem to be getting a error on the BlueText at the end of the code

Rich (BB code):
Sub Multi()
With ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(Array("FSR Level B", "BI", "FSR Level A", "FSR Level C", "Instructions", "Central Function"))
    .Copy
    ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=ThisWorkbook.Path & Application.PathSeparator & "Multi", FileFormat:=52
End With

Dim sh1 As Worksheet, sh2 As Worksheet, sh3 As Worksheet, sh4 As Worksheet
  Dim a As Range, b As Range, c As Range

Set sh2 = Sheets("BI")
  Set sh3 = Sheets("FSR Level B")
  Set sh4 = Sheets("FSR Level C")

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
  For Each a In sh2.Range("A35:A500", sh2.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)).SpecialCells(xlConstants)
      Sheets(Sheets.Count).Name = a.Value
  Next a
  Application.ScreenUpdating = True

For Each b In sh2.Range("B35:B500", sh2.Range("B" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)).SpecialCells(xlConstants)
      sh3.Copy After:=Sheets(Sheets.Count)
      Sheets(Sheets.Count).Name = b.Value
  Next b

For Each c In sh2.Range("C35:C500", sh2.Range("C" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)).SpecialCells(xlConstants)
      sh4.Copy After:=Sheets(Sheets.Count)
     Sheets(Sheets.Count).Name = c.Value
  Next c

End Sub

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
When posting code in the forum, please use the available code tags. My signature block below has more details. You can still format certain text as you want if you use the "RICH' tags - as you can see from the edit I made to your post above.

You say that you get an error at the blue line, but not what the actual error was?
As well as reporting the actual error, when you Debug, hover over c.Value in the code and tell us what value appears in the pop-up box.

There are some other issues in the code but I will address those together with the above points if they can be clarified.

Upvote 0
When posting code in the forum, please use the available code tags. My signature block below has more details. You can still format certain text as you want if you use the "RICH' tags - as you can see from the edit I made to your post above.

You say that you get an error at the blue line, but not what the actual error was?
As well as reporting the actual error, when you Debug, hover over c.Value in the code and tell us what value appears in the pop-up box.

There are some other issues in the code but I will address those together with the above points if they can be clarified.
After some working around i noticed that my part of c column was merged and it was not giving the desired results and showing the error. The c. Value was showing as empty

After unmerging the part of c column it worked. Curios to know what other issues are there with the code?

Upvote 0
Curios to know what other issues are there with the code?
Rich (BB code):
For Each a In sh2.Range("A35:A500", sh2.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)).SpecialCells(xlConstants)
I am assuming the bold part is meant to address the range A35 down to the last cell in column A with data?
If so, it really should be like this
Rich (BB code):
For Each a In sh2.Range("A35", sh2.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)).SpecialCells(xlConstants)
Similar for the other columns.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nonnakkong

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back