Need HELP with Excel 2007 cell selection highlighting

ja-kid

When you select individual cells with CTRL+mouse click; How do you get each cell to be HIGHLIGHTED (same color on each click) just like it did in ALL previous version of MS Office (2003, 2000, etc)?

The only things being highlighted in 2007 version, are the end borders of the row where each cell is located and the top of the column.

It is very difficult to look back and see all the individual cells that you just selected (especially in multiple columns selection with same row of cells selected). The NEW 2007 MS Office no longer perform this highlighting action by default. \o/

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
Actually, it does highlight them, it's just that the highlighting colour is quite pale and, as far as I know, there isn't an option to change it.

Upvote 0
If that is the case, that really sucks. I only see all white cells on my screen.

Dragging to highlight sequential cells is not a problem (that is same as Shift+click, that works. The issue is, for example, if you wanted to select every other cell (in other words, have blank cells in between the selected ones)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I get the same highlighting either way. The activecell is white, the others are highlighted pale blue.

Upvote 0
Just as an update:

If I stood up and looked at the LCD monitor at about a 30 degree angle, and I could see the very faint shadings in the particular cells. I guess not all monitors are created equal, which added to the known Microsoft existing issue.:oops:

Well, since I don't want to have to stoop down, or stand up to do my work, I decide to adjust the screen contrast, way below where i really like it. That helped to improce the cell shading a little bit better. I also went into my system screen setting and made the document panel a slightly dirty-white, instead of a clean bright white look.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
richa mishra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back