Need help with Formula/Data Validation

CKB3

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Complete Excel beginner so please excuse ignorance.

I’m attempting to modify an existing workbook for some changes being made to our process at work. Currently there is a formula set that references the date set in column A and turns various other columns (G,J,M,P) a different color based on a time frame. For instance the individual cell in column G will turn yellow after 30 days then red after 75. I believe the formula used is... =TODAY().

Now, I have to add additional criteria which will change the timeframe for each individual entry. I have created a drop down in column B to illustrate the particular timeframe needed for that row. For instance, if the date input in column A is 3/5/21 and I select “Alpha” in the drop down of column B I need the cell (G,J,M,P) to change color weekly. If I select “Bravo” in the drop down of column B I need the cell (G,J,M,P) to change color bi-weekly.

I have four selections in the drop down list all with different timeframes (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly). No clue where to start, any help is much appreciated.

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
you will need an AND() to test for the condition in B and the Date in A with today() in conditional formatting

Can you give more examples of your date and B
you said
For instance the individual cell in column G will turn yellow after 30 days then red after 75. I believe the formula used is... =TODAY().
So now is it a change in that age
weekly = cell B = A then turns a colour? after 1 week?
bi-weekly = Cell B = B then turns a different colour after 2 weeks ?
monthly = Cell B = ??? then turns a different colour after 1 Month ?
quarterly = Cell B = ??? then turns a different colour after 3 Months/1qtr ?

I'm assuming a MM/DD/YY date format 3/5/21 5th March 21 OR is it DD/MM/YY 3rd May 21

So if in Cell B = A , then weekly , so should it change colour , when the date today is week before 26th Feb or if its a week ahead from 5th to 12th

anywhere near ?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertJones1986

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back