Need help with if's in macro

YoyoZ

What i need is if "a" is placed in A1, then "Attack" is placed in B1, and if 'a' is place in A2, then "Attack" is placed in B2, and If 'p' is placed in A3, then "magic" in B3 and so on, Here what i have

Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)

If Intersect(Target, Range("B3:B30")) Is Nothing Then

Exit Sub

Else
        Select Case Target.Value
          Case "A"
               Run "RAttack"
          Case "P"
               Run "RMagic"
          Case "D"
               Run "RDefend"
          Case "R"
               Run "RmyRun"
     End Select
End If
End Sub

Sub RAttack()
If IsEmpty(Sheets("Sheet3").Range("C3")) Then
     Sheets("Sheet3").Range("C3").Value = "Attack"
Else
     Sheets("Sheet3").Range("C" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1).Value = "Attack"
End If
End Sub

Sub RMagic()
     Sheets("Sheet3").Range("C3").Value = "Magic"
Else
     Sheets("Sheet3").Range("C" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1).Value = "Magic"
End If
End Sub

Sub RDefend()
     Sheets("Sheet3").Range("C3").Value = "Defend"
Else
     Sheets("Sheet3").Range("C" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1).Value = "Defend"
End If
End Sub

Sub RmyRun()
     Sheets("Sheet3").Range("C3").Value = "Run"
Else
     Sheets("Sheet3").Range("C" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1).Value = "Run"
End If
End Sub

man..sorry..i am so unclear.....okok..what i meant was.....
IF A1 has been changed, then F1.Value = G1.Value but spell= fireball and spell2 = firekick. This means that G1 could be fireball or firekick (and to be exact, could be "attack" too). So what i need is like, not just if G1 = Spell then fireball, but if G1= Spell then fireball, if G1 = Spell2 is then fire kick and i need it from A1-A10. Do you know what i mean?

*=Change
A1 * then F1=Fireball because G1=Spell
A2 * then F2=Attack because G2=Attack
A3 * then F3=Attack because G3=Attack
etc...

and the G column has been randomed at the opening of the workbook so the G column is always different. SO SO SOsorry for all the confusion!...i didn't realise it my explainations coudl be taken so many different ways:(!!..also, i'm stuck on how to make a cell = a formula with macro, example

Code:
Sub AAttack()
If IsEmpty(Sheets("Moves").Range("D3")) Then
     Sheets("Moves").Range("D3").Value = 15 + (Str_Aang * 4) + (Agi_Aang / 3) * 99 / 10
Else
     Sheets("Moves").Range("D" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1).Value = 15 + (Str_Aang * 4) + (Agi_Aang / 3) * 99 / 10
End If
End Sub

Thanks heaps!!!

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
man..sorry..i am so unclear.....okok..what i meant was.....
IF A1 has been changed, then F1.Value = G1.Value but spell= fireball and spell2 = firekick. This means that G1 could be fireball or firekick (and to be exact, could be "attack" too). So what i need is like, not just if G1 = Spell then fireball, but if G1= Spell then fireball, if G1 = Spell2 is then fire kick and i need it from A1-A10. Do you know what i mean?

*=Change
A1 * then F1=Fireball because G1=Spell2
A2 * then F2=Attack because G2=Attack
A3 * then F3=Attack because G3=Attack
etc...

Why???

Upvote 0
try
Code:
If Intersect(Target, Range("a1:a10")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
Application.EnableEvents = False
With Target
     Offset(,5).Value = IIf(.Offset(,6).Value = "sepll","FireBall",IIf(.Offset(,6).Value = "spell2","FireKick",.Offset(,6).Value))
End With
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

Upvote 0
um...na....sub or function not idenified....and could u also tell me how to point in a formula into a macro

Upvote 0
Missed a "." period
Code:
If Intersect(Target, Range("a1:a10")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
Application.EnableEvents = False
With Target
     .Offset(,5).Value = IIf(.Offset(,6).Value = "sepll","FireBall",IIf(.Offset(,6).Value = "spell2","FireKick",.Offset(,6).Value))
End With
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

Upvote 0
sorry don't really get it, where does it say F column or G column?.... can u just highlight it..

Upvote 0
Code:
With Target
     .Offset(,5).Value = IIf(.Offset(,6).Value = "sepll","FireBall",IIf(.Offset(,6).Value = "spell2","FireKick",.Offset(,6).Value))
     ' F.Value = If G.Value = "spell" then "FireBall", ElseIf G.Value ="spell2" then "FireKick" else G.Value
End With
End Sub
Other form
Code:
With Target
     If .Offset(,6).Value = "spell" Then
          .Offset(,5).Value = "FireBall"
     ElseIf .Offset(,6).Value = "spell2" Then
          .Offset(,5).Value = "FireKick"
     Else
          .Offset(,5).Value = .Offset(,6).Value
     End If
End With

Upvote 0
that works but......its not completely what i need. i ddin't realise that i had to have them all in the same sub. what u have is fine for the first enemy but when the second enemy comes along, this spell and spell2 is different...what i will have is private sub workbook_change which will be activated if ("Moves"Sheet)A1 is changed. then wen this activates it runs a macro called "enemy One" if Cell ("Play"Sheet)A1="enemy one" and run a macro called "enemy two" if cell ("Play"Sheet)A1="enemy two". An in this macro, "enemy one" or "enemy two", it will trigger the F1 or F2, or which ever F is the current one which can be choosen by
Code:
 If IsEmpty(Sheets("Moves").Range("F3")) Then
     Sheets("Moves").Range("F3").Value = Sheets("Multipliers").Range("E3")
Else
     Sheets("Moves").Range("F" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1).Value = Sheets("Multipliers").Range("E" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)p
to equal the current ("Multipliers"Sheet)E (this was the G column we used last time) with the If "Spell" = Fireball and so on. Man.....thank you so much!.....i know i'm a hussle!....if u want..i can send you a copy of this game....:D...its not totaly done but u can just see what u are contributing too:)

Upvote 0
that works but......its not completely what i need. i ddin't realise that i had to have them all in the same sub. what u have is fine for the first enemy but when the second enemy comes along, this spell and spell2 is different...what i will have is private sub workbook_change which will be activated if ("Moves"Sheet)A1 is changed. then wen this activates it runs a macro called "enemy One" if Cell ("Play"Sheet)A1="enemy one" and run a macro called "enemy two" if cell ("Play"Sheet)A1="enemy two". An in this macro, "enemy one" or "enemy two", it will trigger the F1 or F2, or which ever F is the current one which can be choosen by
Code:
 If IsEmpty(Sheets("Moves").Range("F3")) Then
     Sheets("Moves").Range("F3").Value = Sheets("Multipliers").Range("E3")
Else
     Sheets("Moves").Range("F" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1).Value = Sheets("Multipliers").Range("E" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)p
to equal the current ("Multipliers"Sheet)E (this was the G column we used last time) with the If "Spell" = Fireball and so on. Man.....thank you so much!.....i know i'm a hussle!....if u want..i can send you a copy of this game....:D...its not totaly done but u can just see what u are contributing too:)
ToyoZ

Explain what you are trying to do with
1) Clear logic
2) in the undstandable form to anybody

So that you may get some help from someone else.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back