Need Help with Lookup Formula

gwc_excelhelp

I am somewhat new to lookup formulas. I have searched online and have been unable to find the right formula that incorporates all of the elements I need to make this work. I'm running out of time for this project, so I thought I would post here to see if anyone can help.

My data is set up like so (this is a sample, my full set includes all 12 months and about 436 rows of data):

AreaID#NameJanuaryFebruaryMarch
70000000514Bacteria
70000000514Nitrate & Nitrite
50000000Auto DealerBacteriaBacteria
50000000Auto DealerNitrate
20000000WellBacteria

<tbody>
</tbody>

What I am looking to do is pull data in the cells to the right of the system name into another tab within this workbook. You can see some cells are blank and some systems have more than one row that contains a sample for the given month. I understand the limitations of vlookup and have experimented with others without any success.

I would like to ignore blank cells so no value will appear if the cell is blank, e.g. not put a zero as the output for a blank cell.

Any insight is much appreciated. Thank you.

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Would you care to post the output you require for the sample above?

I would like the samples required, i.e. "bacteria" or "nitrate" to appear in another tab in the workbook. If two samples are scheduled for the same month, I would like to be able to pull both into the other tab. Please let me know if you need more information.

Upvote 0
How do you want them to appear on the other tab? Please post a sample of the output requires, as requested above.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Maybe try for the google drive example

=INDEX(Sheet1!1:3,MATCH("514",Sheet1!C1:C3,0),MATCH(LEFT(C14,SEARCH(" ",C14)-1),Sheet1!1:1))

Upvote 0
Maybe try for the google drive example

=INDEX(Sheet1!1:3,MATCH("514",Sheet1!C1:C3,0),MATCH(LEFT(C14,SEARCH(" ",C14)-1),Sheet1!1:1))

assuming C14 contains February 2017

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hanakoro

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back