Need help with NBA wins league pool

rsd31783

Hello all, comfortable with excel but not very advanced skill set. With that being said, I am using Google Sheets. My friends and I have decided to do an NBA wins pool. Essentially, my six friends and I have each picked 5 NBA teams. I have been able to hook into yahoo sports nba standings which can retrieve the team city, wins, loss and win percentage as well as other data points. I want to link each team and the corresponding win loss record to the owners (me and my friends). I am hitting a wall on how to sync it up for two reasons. One, the website has two tables: eastern conf and western conf. Could I merge the two "tables" together from the source code without losing the data source I am looking for a relatively easy fix. Two, I am not sure how to tag the owners to the corresponding team name. As of now I have separate tabs for the eastern conf and western conference. I can add columns and tag owners to the teams name however as the source data updates the owners name dont move with it. This is obvious because the data source doesn't have the owners names. Do I create a logic statement? If so, what would it look like?

Source Data: eastern conf

1609647105713.png

Here is my data source: this is a manual update which I was able to create pivot table to sum up owners win total wins based on the 5 teams each owner owns.

1609647196071.png

Pivot Table: I would like to take the source data and create pivot table to reflect something like the below.

1609647303700.png

Not looking to go crazy but would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance!

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
Hello all, comfortable with excel but not very advanced skill set. With that being said, I am using Google Sheets. My friends and I have decided to do an NBA wins pool. Essentially, my six friends and I have each picked 5 NBA teams. I have been able to hook into yahoo sports nba standings which can retrieve the team city, wins, loss and win percentage as well as other data points. I want to link each team and the corresponding win loss record to the owners (me and my friends). I am hitting a wall on how to sync it up for two reasons. One, the website has two tables: eastern conf and western conf. Could I merge the two "tables" together from the source code without losing the data source I am looking for a relatively easy fix. Two, I am not sure how to tag the owners to the corresponding team name. As of now I have separate tabs for the eastern conf and western conference. I can add columns and tag owners to the teams name however as the source data updates the owners name dont move with it. This is obvious because the data source doesn't have the owners names. Do I create a logic statement? If so, what would it look like?

Source Data: eastern conf

View attachment 28977

Here is my data source: this is a manual update which I was able to create pivot table to sum up owners win total wins based on the 5 teams each owner owns.

View attachment 28981
Pivot Table: I would like to take the source data and create pivot table to reflect something like the below.

View attachment 28982

Not looking to go crazy but would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance!
Bump

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lancelots

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back