Need help with save question when workbook closes

latarshac

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello, when I make changes to an existing workbook excel no longer asks me if I want to save when I close the workbook. I know I should just hit the save button but it's an old habit to just hit the red X and allow excel to save all workbooks in a row as it closes. This problem occured with no changes to my excel options nor my PC. Can someone please tell me how to get it back to asking me if I want to save before it just exits and dumps all of my changes.

:oops:

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
Have you been running any macros that might have set Application.DisplayAlerts=False perhaps?

Upvote 0
No, not to my knowledge. I open the same workbooks everyday, they're ones that I have created. I made 1 macro within the last weeks but it was just set to automatically sort and resize columns.

Upvote 0
OK.. another thing I just now noticed is that when I go to Find and Replace All I don't get the confirmation that it has replaced ## cells..

Upvote 0
Just to check the displayalerts thing paste the following into the immediate window of the VBE and hit return

Code:
Print Application.displayalerts

What's it return?

Upvote 0
Umm.. Im sorry but I don't know anything about VBE. I did go to Tools, Macro, VBE then pasted the code and hit enter, nothing happened. I closed the VBE, nothing happened.. then made a change then closed my workbook.. nothing happened.. it just closed. But that did give me an idea, I went in and disabled all of my addins then tried with a new workbook.. I saved as, then opened it back up and made a change. When I went to close.. the confirmation popped up asking me to save so Im guessing that is what the problem was. Only thing is that I had about 10 Addins loaded, so I don't know which one had the difficulty.

Upvote 0
Sorry - should have elaborated. To run that bit of code I gave you hit Alt+F11 whilst in xl. This brings up the VBE. In the immediate window in the VBE (Ctrl+G if it's not there) paste the code in and hit enter.

As for your addins you might face the prospect of loading them in one at a time and checking to see when the problem occurs to identify the problematic code (if it is one of the addins that is)

HTH

Upvote 0
I just finished doing that and it was my most recently acquired addin called EAT2002 Toolpackfor Excel. It was the culprit. Thank you so much for your help!!!!

:pray: :pray:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grijken

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back